Need Opinions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinions

I am pretty sure the bike you won was the one I had in my E-bay watch list.Black with no reserve good deal you got. I sold lots of motorcycles and cars on E-bay but they lived more local so the money was exchanged in person.I think you have 7 days before the seller must have the full amount
    Ride it like you stole it

What city in Virginia?

I also have done several BIG$$$$ deals on Ebay…never an issue!

Have the guy send you a bill of sale…

A copy of the title…….

Wire the money to an account thru YOUR bank to his……

Should be no issues!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Does not look like it has heated grips. Still a great deal! You got a lot of extras with it.

If you ride it back, get a real tall windshield for the ride.

With Baker hand wings and a wide windshield, I barely have any air hitting my hands.

I recently tried riding around in the 50's without gloves and was fine (heated grips, though). Anyway, the wings will help.

Fly and Ride. I'll let you stay with me in Iowa. I'm about half way between Colorado and Virginia.

Need Opinions

WOW ! Thanx for all the tips . Good suggestions all. Memory test of the questions.
    The Bike is in Virginia Beach Virginia,
    It is probably the same bike,yes it is black,lots of extras - I kept looking at the pics to see if it had a center stand, but it does show rider and passenger backrest,forward foot pegs. The grips don't look stock either .
    Fly and ride was an idea I had as I have folks in Memphis and St.Louis but snow would put a dead stop to the trip and the national weather was ambiguous on that.
    I checked the seller on E-Bay,long time member, not his first sale of bikes and some of them were Harleys with the same type of pricing.
    I have created every scenario in my head on how that can be faked, but I think it's real.
    Ebay does offer 50000k assurance as ;long as you complete the deal through them, but even a call to their support wasn't definite on what that means or what the process is,. Off shore support and she really didn't know,just read the web page to me - D'uh. I did use paypal for the deposit and it came back with seller verified...
    Soooo...Thanks for your time boyz, I'll keep you posted. When it gets here you will definitely know,probably hear me screaming.
    Meanwhile,I'll keep on the forum and waiting to actually join you with this wonderful machine !!

Remember being a kid around Christmas ? You were pretty sure you were going to get the toy you wanted but still had to wait a few days/ Well Ladies and gentlemen, thats how I feel today. My Black Honda F6B was picked up and is on it's way to Colorado !!!
    All the worry I went through doing a deal like that was for naught. The seller was straight up on the deal - when the bike gets here I will give him the highest rating on Ebay.
    Now getting it shipped was a completely different story,but I finally found a shipper that was good to their word and MY BIKE IS ON IT'S WAY !!
    I asked for your opinions and you responded and again my thanx for your honest opinions.
    Oh I was about to do a fly and ride last week - it ice / snowed in Colorado and I would have been stuck but all's well.
    Now I wait until Monday or Tuesday for it to be finally home......If you hear loud insane screaming and yelling from Colorado, dont worry,it will be me. 7 days.......
    Almost time for a ride.........
    ( I don't know if it's legal to give a recommendation on the shipper I am using so I wont until I
    1.get the bike
    2. hear from a moderator. Don't want to get thrown off this forum before I can officially join )

congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum , and of course we want pics when you can.

fl1madmax

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    Hey ,
    I just won an auction on EBAY for my dream bike a slightly used F6B ! Paid the deposit immediately on Pay pal. It sent a message back that the private seller was validated .The thing is the bike is in Virginia. The seller has a long excellent history and I have no valid reason to doubt this is real.
    I'm in Colorado.
    I was ecstatic that I won the auction and now comes the time to send a large amount of cash out to Virginia and wait for it to ship(which I am arranging)
    ..and now the question - anyone ever done a deal this big on EBAY? Am I just being paranoid about this ? I am asking opinions, I want this bike,but,but.......
    I thought to go get it,but riding even a Wing 1700+ miles in 30-40 degrees is not sane....(course sanity can be over rated :-) )

I'm probably going to go for it but just asking........
    Have him Take it to a Local Honda dealer and have them SHIP IT........ that way it will be in the hands of Honda dealer before you pay !

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Grendl,

Good to hear its on its way!!!

I'm not a Mod, but telling us about pleasant transactions - good service - a product you tried and liked/didn't like is generally both well received and appreciated. (This is typically what 99.9% of us do,,,)

On the other hand, if you receive merchandise/services in exchange for posting a good review/promoting products/manufacturers/Vendors, that's a whole different story.

IMHO, there's nothing difficult or 'unusual' involved with being a member here.

Best thing to do if you have any questions about anything is to PM Phantom or Steve 0080. They'll be more than happy to help ya!

Welcome to the fold!