Is Liquid Glass ok for matte paint?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Liquid Glass ok for matte paint?

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar

Is Liquid Glass ok for matte paint?

I bought the Liquid Glass based on the advice of you guys here. I want to protect my brand new paint with the best stuff available and this appears to be it. I had someone tell me not to use it on a matte finish because it would "gloss it up" and defeat the point of the matte paint? My new paint obviously has a matte finish otherwise I wouldn't be posting this question so has anybody else heard similar feedback? I searched online and couldn't find an answer either way. I would love to have multiple layers of protection but not if it will effect the matte look that I just spent $$$$ on. I have a Turtle wax "black box" kit on the shelf just in case. Thanks......

Paint is Paint…I don’t know…try some in a place hard to see and find out…… the Black box is good for the plastic…I do use Liquid Glass on the shiny parts and it does not hurt the plastic parts hope that helps...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Paint is Paint…I don’t know…try some in a place hard to see and find out…… the Black box is good for the plastic…I do use Liquid Glass on the shiny parts and it does not hurt the plastic parts hope that helps...
    Thanks Steve. I'm not worried about it hurting the paint I just don't want a super glossy finish on the matte paint. I love the satin/matte finish I have now and I don't want it to look any other way. I was planning on doing the back side of the front fender first to see, I just wanted to see if anyone knew either way.

WOW!!! to early for me…never thought about the matt finish then having a gloss finish!!!!…..I would say no….only one way to find out!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Liquid Glass on all "painted surfaces" and 303 Protectant on all "black matt surfaces" and you will be "golden". Unlike other waxes/polishes LG leaves no residue but why waste the product when there's a alternative for the "matt black"!

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Liquid Glass on all "painted surfaces" and 303 Protectant on all "black matt surfaces" and you will be "golden". Unlike other waxes/polishes LG leaves no residue but why waste the product when there's a alternative for the "matt black"!
    I am referring to paint protection and a glossy finish over my sexy azz matte paint with Liquid Glass. I have no interest in the 303 product only Liquid Glass. It would not be a "waste" if protects the very expensive paint job I just paid for.

Liquid Glass is a "high gloss" finish as stated in the products description. Therefore if you apply it over your matte finish it will then become glossy. So I would say no. Matte is matte, if that's the look you're looking for, let it be.
    I hope this helps.

I hope you get a definitive answer to this question. Not just Liquid Glass, but any wax on a matte finish. I have wondered how one would protect a matte finish ever since those paint jobs became popular a few years ago. I have asked dealers and got everything from use any wax to don't wax matte paint. Curious what your painter would say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I am referring to paint protection and a glossy finish over my sexy azz matte paint with Liquid Glass. I have no interest in the 303 product only Liquid Glass. It would not be a "waste" if protects the very expensive paint job I just paid for.

Forgive me for making the suggestion A "matt finish", wether it be painted or impregnated into the "tupperware" surface, is a "matt finish". As has been mentioned, LG produces a mirror finish! Your bike! Your paint! When you query folks for input/opinions, you'll get just that

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Forgive me for making the suggestion A "matt finish", wether it be painted or impregnated into the "tupperware" surface, is a "matt finish". As has been mentioned, Lyhroduces a mirror finish! Your bike! Your paint! When you query folks for input/opinions, you'll get just that
    And some sensitive ones too I see! I appreciate your feedback and wasn't trying to be a jerk. I have a $31 can of polish and just want to know whether or not I will be able to use it. Thanks for your replies .