14-14 1/2 inch tall shield - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14-14 1/2 inch tall shield

+1 on needing to hear the radio

Plus 1 on the noisy shield!

I couldn't wait to replace my shield after buying one of the fast red ones. A rep at Cee Bailey thought 14" would be high enuf, but for me not high enough. I ate the price of the fourteen( it's for sale-it has very few hours on it) and got the 17". I'm 5' 10" and like a quieter ride; the seventeen allows me to hear the radio thru earbuds-less deaf dudes will probably be able to hear the radio fine without earbuds. I can see over the shield even in the rain, yet it provides a nice, quiet flow of air over it. Good luck on getting one that's just right. I don't know where you have been in your moto walk, but if you don't need lots of cornering clearance and don't want a dragster, this is a sweet ride!

Best wishes and God bless,

srkeet

Quote Originally Posted by 2014F6BYELLOW View Post
    projectapollo, does that 11" shield do a good job sending the wind over your head? Does it create enough wind protection so that you can actually hear the radio when your driving over 35 mph? Also, if you don't mind, how tall are you? I'm 5'8" and the stock shield puts the wind in my face creating a noisy ride (i.e. can't hear the radio!) I'm trying to figure out what the best shield height would be for me.

I've been riding for 25 years and last week I just bought my first Wing (2014 F6B) so I have lots of questions about it... Thanks!
    I have the 11" baggershield. To Answer your questions. 1. No, I am 5'8" and it hits me in the forehead. Makes the helmet extremely noisy. I can hear the radio when I have it running through my headset. It is hard to hear the radio at highway speeds. I am thinking I need another 4 to 5 inches on windshield height. I am now currently looking for a new windshield