"STEALTH" HR edition Honda F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "STEALTH" HR edition Honda F6B

Cool Room for Two

What a beautiful bike, wish I had room for two!
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    As far as I know, you had this 'look' first,,,,

If so, you would have the original MATTE-MOBILE!!!! (Not just 'a replica'!!! )

LMAO! I might just make that claim! The Matte Mobile......hmmmmmmmm. I like the way you think........

I contacted them a few weeks ago to ask if they could do this, and they said they could. I guess they were right. So, for those of you that have had "soft paint" issues, I assume it's the glossy parts that are the issue?

Yeah, but a matte finish is an even bigger pain to keep clean and the finish looking "even".
    It looks good, but I don't think I would want to be more invisible at night time.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

I like

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    Yeah, but a matte finish is an even bigger pain to keep clean and the finish looking "even".
    It looks good, but I don't think I would want to be more invisible at night time.
    Yeah, I was wondering about the matte paint. I like the idea of it, but I've seen flat black rat rods, and they get all smudgy and blotchy looking, although you don't care about that on a rat rod.

My buddy has the flat black street glide. As much as I love it, he always states that he sees fingerprints all over it. He's very much into looks and this makes him mad. He even wears his gloves just to open the saddlebags. I think he's going overboard but then again, I never owned a flat black bike. I still love that look though.

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    My buddy has the flat black street glide. As much as I love it, he always states that he sees fingerprints all over it. He's very much into looks and this makes him mad. He even wears his gloves just to open the saddlebags. I think he's going overboard but then again, I never owned a flat black bike. I still love that look though.
    Yes my riding friends say the same thing.Bike and matte paint looks cool but they say fingerprints from oil in the fingers gets on the matte finish and they are starting to see problems where they are always cleaning these areas

The number one killer is BIRD CRAP.They ride and we park somewhere and a bird does his/her business and it gets on the matte finish and it dries.Thats where they see spots also is where they had to clean up after a bird
    Ride it like you stole it