Windshield suggestions and comments - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windshield suggestions and comments

Windbender

Windbender........www.firecreekacc.com......it's adjustable and there is no wind around you head........check it out........the red F6B in the photo's is mine.

Ride Safe but often!!

I ordered a MadStad 13" clear this morning. I will post about it after I install it and ride some.

Thanks for the info and help
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Windbender

My vital statistics are the same as yours (5' 11" and 30" inseam). I have the Windbender 11" HPS and the 15" ST upper shields.

After using both for about six months, I have settled on the 15" ST as being ideal for me.

The HPS is OK at 11" but at 15" the distortion in the upper three inches is just too bothersome. At 15" I am looking about two inches over the top. If I go over a small hill or lean into a curve I am looking thru this distorted edge. At the 15" height I do not find the HPS to be superior to the ST. If anything, I think ST is better at deflection and at buffeting reduction.

With the ST at 15" I am looking two inches over the top and hills and curves are not a problem because the upper three inches is not distorted. I ride up to about 60 MPH with the ST at 15" very comfortably with my face shield up. I can feel the breeze coming into my top helmet vents with gentle or no buffeting.

For sustained 60 MPH and above I raise the ST to 19" where I am looking very comfortably 2" below the top edge and the wind is about one or two inches over my helmet. Buffeting is minimal unless the crosswinds are 20 MPH or more.

I also have the Honda tall 16" shield which does not work for me because I am looking thru the edge 95% of the time which is very annoying.

I am very happy with the Windbender product and customer service.

If I were to buy a non-adjustable windshield it would be at least 19" high but I doubt that I ever will because I like to be able to look over the shield when riding in town in the evening.
    Bill from Hattiesburg, home of The University Of Southern Mississippi

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Good post w/lotsa info!!! Thanks Bigred!

+1
    Yes very good. I was looked at Windbenders and from the info in this post, I would have ordered the wrong one. Thanks for the info.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow