Does Anyone Have Front Wheel Wobble? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Does Anyone Have Front Wheel Wobble?

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    For the wobble, we still need to look at something else. The way my 6 is set up I can ride with no hands for miles with the cruise control engaged. We must be riding different bikes. Not sure if it is the suspension my weight and the overall position but mine never vers off the path with no hands not that you supposed to be riding with no hands. Just to say mine is very stable. I have not adjusted my suspension from the factory with only replacing the windshield. I weight about 300 pounds plus at 6 feet 1 inches. The bike was made for me.
    At speeds above 45 I can ride all day long with no hands. Runs true and smooth. For those that can't, Perhaps one saddle bag is a bit heaver than the other.
    Though not real safe I can ride with no hands through the slight wobble between 42 and 36. Its just a feeling I don't like therefore I want it gone. The F6B I test rode did not have this wobble. If it had I might of purchased the BMW I was also looking at........................Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    You have any Idea what the bearings part number is? Are they after market? Where can I get them?.Dickie
    Here is the site http://wingstuff.com/products/21578-...ering-bearings I would contact them and tell them the year and model of your bike so you get the correct bearing. It is a lot of work but it you have mechanical ability you can do it. I did mine then my friend brought his bike over and I replaced his. Good luck and also go to the bottom of the page and read the reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    The F6B I test rode did not have this wobble. If it had I might of purchased the BMW I was also looking at........................Dickie
    Believe me Dickie you did yourself a favor by not buying the BWM. If you think this issue is bad on the F6B good thing you did not experience the issues on many newer beemers. MY LAST BMW IS WHY I WENT WITH THE F6B! The wobble issue doesn't seem to affect many F6B's but does have a cheap fix. Just look at it like any other mod you have made. A chance to upgrade, just like a fork brace, etc. A few F6B's have hesitation and IMO they just need NGK plugs instead of ND, just another upgrade.

Wobble

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    I feel the steering stem nut loses torque the more miles you put on it. This can depend on air pressure, road conditions and how hard you ride. A worn tire amplifies the situation. You can go to All Balls which causes more friction and less wobble but now many are complaining they are notching. The OEM bearings work fine but they need occasional maintenance such as regreasing and retorquing. Many have found very little grease on the bearing from the factory. If your torque is too loose you will have a wobble, if it's to tight you will have a high speed weave. There's a fine line between the two.
    So what is the correct amount of torque or setting? To tighten up the steering stem?

Stock-21lbs. All Balls 20 to 23.

By the way, this is the nut under the upper triple clamp not the one on top. To torque it you need a special socket.

I wanted to see if my 6 did it as well… so yeah if I take my hands off of the bars during deceleration around those low speeds I get a little but, I never noticed until looking for it. If I take my hands off, I use my throttle lock and usually a bit more speed. So I can deal with that!!
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win