Saddlebag liners - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saddlebag liners

I like that. Is it something that you made from the drag specialties material or did you order it made to fit your bike?

Have to admit that I'm leaning towards the Bestem bags, they really look good and durable. For those that installed the lid organizer, how does it attach to the lid?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I don't use my Bestems 'daily', but they should be tuff enuff to outlast me,,,

I believe the Gen 1 Wing lid organizers mount w/fasteners. Gen 2 Wings, (Like our 6's) attach w/Velcro I believe. As smooth as the inner lid surface is, the ~right~ Velcro will stick like it was molded into the lid. (That's a GOOD thing!!!)

I don't have the lid organizers as I really don't have anything to put in 'em,,, (Insert 'empty pockets' smiley here!!!)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I like that. Is it something that you made from the drag specialties material or did you order it made to fit your bike?
    The cargo keepers are made of a reinforced epoxy or polyester. Very strong & light and fit like a glove. Chrisco has made this unit to just insert in the bag and both fit like a glove (no drilling or fasteners needed). They are black and the inside finish is super smooth.
    I am told the generation 2 GL-1800 bags are identical to the FB-6 bags . Once installed you wonder why Honda didn't think of it.
    The Drag specialities material is something I added (made for lining saddle-bags & trunks). It is amazing material. Super strong with a felt like finish and the opposite side is like sticky back on fuzzy Velcro. It can be applied around compound curves as it can be stretched where needed during application. I applied the Drag Speciality materials to my cargo keepers with no bunching up or bulges. The secret is not to hurry and plan every move as you apply.
    You don't need the Drag Speciality material but I think it looks cool .
    If you have any doubt about the Cargo Keepers fitment, give them a call.
    I was going to purchase an F6-B as a second bike until the paint issue reared its ugly head.
    I rode a demo for a few miles (bad boy accelerated to over 100MPH easily) and loved the machine. It is much easier to handle than my Wing.
    I just wish Honda would listen to its customers and add a model with ABS brakes and cruise control

I was all set to buy Honda's official F6B bag liners but I didn't like the way they fit in the compartments. The dealership carried some generic bags for Gold Wings and they fit much better and were less than half the price. I've been very happy with them so far.

Yep, I ordered mine online from somewhere.......got my rain gear and bike cover is in the right one and the left bag is in the right one in case I need it while on the road.

I'm using my old Harley Road Glide bags. They work fine.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com