Throttle Lock Opinions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throttle Lock Opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I have to agree with Ghostrider

The adjustability and ease of use of the Go Cruise is great. For the price I don't think there's anything as simplistic and user friendly. Had the opportunity to do some riding on the interstate yesterday and gave the GC several "set and release" tries and it worked flawlessly. Forefinger for setting and thumb for releasing with gloves on was a breeze. You can roll off the throttle to release it also. The anodized black finish is a plus as it blends in with its surroundings.
    I just bought one and an still tinkering with the adjustment. I find my thumb (on the open end of the gocruize) can both set and release perfectly.

Need for a Thumb Tab

Quote Originally Posted by UTurn View Post
    I just bought one and an still tinkering with the adjustment. I find my thumb (on the open end of the gocruize) can both set and release perfectly.
    If there was a thumb tab extension approximately 3/8" long on the bottom arm that would make the Go Cruise Golden.

I'll have to give the set and release functions a try with my thumb only

I just orderd a new Go Cruise, on the recommendations of Bob and Dave. I tried the BrakeAway Cruise, and it did not work well "for me". I sent it back to them. I found on this last 5100 mile trip that I do need a cruise, but really do wish Honda had included the Honda cruise on these bikes.

BTW, to Cool Hand Luke, that did not like the lag in the Honda cruise...it is adjustable. After having 3 of those Golwings, I know that the cruise lag can be adjusted out of the system, and mine were made to engage within 1/4 of a mph of the speed I had set, and was very accurate in resetting, accelerating up, or coasting down.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I have to agree with Ghostrider

The adjustability and ease of use of the Go Cruise is great. For the price I don't think there's anything as simplistic and user friendly. Had the opportunity to do some riding on the interstate yesterday and gave the GC several "set and release" tries and it worked flawlessly. Forefinger for setting and thumb for releasing with gloves on was a breeze. You can roll off the throttle to release it also. The anodized black finish is a plus as it blends in with its surroundings.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with Miles,

Throttle locks are a slight help but not really a good solution especially here in the mountains.

I miss cruise on this thing more than I thought I would. Pete said he has the cruise done, now working on the controls so hopefully soon we will have a real solution for these things that Honda should have put on from the beginning.