Newly Found Throttle Control
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newly Found Throttle Control

Newly Found Throttle Control

I've tried the Breakaway. Expensive, a lot of hardware, but it works well. I tried the Go Cruise. Inexpensive, works well, but I just don't like the large arm always visible. I came across a device made by Motorcycle Accessory Design (www.madcorider.com). Priced between the above mentioned products at $124. Made for the Goldwing 7/8 inch, black powder coated, simple. Looks like a very high quality Vista Cruise, which is not available for the GL 1800. Simple, elegant, and high quality machining. The gentleman's name is Bill Arbuckle. His number is 619-423-5693.
    Attachment 5040Attachment 5041Attachment 5042Attachment 5043Attachment 5044

Looks good! I take it you don't have heated grips?

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Looks good! I take it you don't have heated grips?
    Website says it will work with heated grips!

familiar with Breakaway. high quality product. Can u explain how this one works? thanks

Looks like a real nice piece.
    By the way, LOVE the grips in color, excellent touch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

Quote Originally Posted by firetech View Post
    By the way, LOVE the grips in color, excellent touch.
    Ditto, looks awesome.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Back in my VTX days,,, If memory serves, the grip must be removed from the sleeve, Madco slipped on over the sleeve, and grip reinstalled. Grip will be slid out about the width of the Madco unit.

Not a problem w/Kury grips, but wondering if a person w/OEM grips and bar weights would have to trim the outside end of the grip just a little bit to be able to re-install the bar weight. If so, not that big of a deal anyway.

Looks to be very east to use!

260 mile ride

Just rode 260 miles with the new throttle control. Works beautifully. So simple. Push the level down and it grabs the throttle. You can adjust the amount of tension so you can back off the throttle easily if you wish. This is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    Website says it will work with heated grips!
    I'll take your word for that but honestly, I don't see how that would work. In addition, good luck with removing your heated grip per the instructions they give without damaging the heat element. From what I've heard, it doesn't take much twisting or stretching at all to ruin that element. Finally, this device looks very similar to the BrakeAway throttle lock and they have this to say on their site:

NOTE: The BrakeAway cruise control is not compatible with factory or aftermarket heated grips on any model.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I believe the Madco works by 'squeezing/holding' the throttle sleeve while Breakaway / GoCruise etc 'squeeze/hold' the grip.

Can't remember for sure, but thought I read where the ~concern~ with the Breakaway used on heated grips was the ~potential~ (however small) that the heater wires may become entangled with the mechanical 'disengage' linkage that extends to the front brake lever.

I do like the simple lever operation of the Madco. Currently, my Kaoko is working just fine!