Gassing up

Thread: Gassing up

Gassing up

What is the most gas you've squeezed in your B? This is the most for me I think i was on fumes.

That's about the most I've ever squeezed in myself. I like to fill up when I'm near a 1/4 of the tank normally.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

A gallon left is not on fumes unless you are more than 38 miles from
    A gas station. I’ve put in 6+ gallons and yes I was sweating it.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I have filled my tank with 6.23 Gallons .... I thought I would've run out but I didn't before pulling into the gas station.

I was not sweating it, I had a 1 gallon gas can in one of the saddlebags as a reserve just in case.

Normally when the needle drops below the 1/4 tank mark, I fill up.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Gezzz, Well my bad, I'm gettingI should have posted that on the VRCC board cause I was on my Valkyrie. Renegade holds 5.3 gallons. Yep, Stinger has a 6.6gallon and I've actually put 6.2 gal. in it before. So those of you that have put over 6 gallons we were living on a prayer.

Here is my June statement from my X-Country last year, the underlined are fill ups. There is an art to pick when there are the highest gas prices in the history of the world. My ancestors were General Custer and the Captain of the Titanic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

On my Valk as I came to a stop at the top of an exit ramp the bike was not running on all 6. I had went around the guy that was leading in a Hail Mary as there was one station there. I was praying it was even open. A one pump station that was open and had fuel. Buddy was on his 1500 Wing and had spaced out that my Valk was the deciding factor for fuel stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    On my Valk as I came to a stop at the top of an exit ramp the bike was not running on all 6. I had went around the guy that was leading in a Hail Mary as there was one station there. I was praying it was even open. A one pump station that was open and had fuel. Buddy was on his 1500 Wing and had spaced out that my Valk was the deciding factor for fuel stops.
    Wow, that was pushing it for sure!

Yup. I had that happen one other time but not quite as close. Going to Americade the guy I was going with knew I was again the deciding fuel stop factor. Problem was that I lived 19 miles away from him. He started with a full tank and I was about 3/4 of a gallon down by the time I met him at his house. My F6B seems to be still the fuel factor as some of the people ride BMW GS’s.