I Took the Plunge

Thread: I Took the Plunge

I Took the Plunge

Hi everyone. First time poster here. After a lot of hesitation and a ton of research I finally bit the bullet and traded this...

For this...

I've been riding for 26 years, I've owned cruisers and sport bikes, and I always seem to bounce back and forth between the two styles trying to find the perfect balance of comfort and performance. I have never tried a touring bike until now, mostly because I've been intimidated by the size. When I spied the F6B I knew it was the bike for me. I knew it would be comfortable, I've never heard of an uncomfortable Goldwing, but I was blown away by the handling and power! I am very happy with my decision and look forward to an awesome riding season!

Congrats on the new bike!

Good move! I traded in my FJR1300 for the F6B…..4 weeks later I put my beloved Electra Glide on Craigslist and watched it ride away…
    No regrets! I have been riding Harleys since 1984 but I think it was time to turn the page….
    Seems like every schmuck is on a Harley these days so the cool factor kinda died…..
    Have yet to see another F6B on the road yet and that makes me smile….
    Enjoy your new ride and donate all your village people clothes….You won't need em.
    a1scoot

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Over 7,000 miles since December... it just gets BETTER!!

Quote Originally Posted by a1scoot View Post
    I'll add to that... I just came back from a 350 mile weekend in two trips, and have to say that every time I swing a leg over this ride, I can't wipe the smile off my face. Today's ride went from 1000 to 6000 feet and down and then BACK UP and DOWN again.

Welcome to the best riding group (the guys and gals here) and the best ride in the world.
    "If it moves, paint it."

Good on you mate !
    Now you can lay a carpet in your garage and not worry about any stain... :clap2:

on your new toy
    Ride it like you stole it

Welcome to the HD rebellion! The only thing I miss about my HD is riding with my HOG friends, so I still do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by a1scoot View Post
    Good move! I traded in my FJR1300 for the F6B…..4 weeks later I put my beloved Electra Glide on Craigslist and watched it ride away…
    No regrets! I have been riding Harleys since 1984 but I think it was time to turn the page….
    Seems like every schmuck is on a Harley these days so the cool factor kinda died…..
    Enjoy your new ride and donate all your village people clothes….You won't need em.
    a1scoot
    Thats funny shit!! But true for me too My 2011 street glide is going for sale this week!! and donate all my Village people clothing!! Ha Ha

Welcome and you did trade up!!! Left the restaurant and road East/South over to CoCo Beach for something to do…165 miles round trip….just plain fun!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com