Headsets for the F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headsets for the F6B

Headsets for the F6B

I' sure this has been discussed, but what options are out there for headsets . I've heard Hondas headsets aren't very good. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have the info here...but if you search headsets you should see many links...if not when I get home I will post the links...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

What type of headset are you looking for? Are you looking to communicate with other riders or just your passenger? I have the Scala Rider G9x and it works great.

Hardwired J&M

Part number HS-8154B-OF 5 pin stereo helmet headset.

Very inexpensive, [under $70.00] but work fine for intercom and radio/mp3.

I'm sure you can spend a lot more but try these before jumping to a more expensive wired or Bluetooth model.

Add: $30.00 for a genuine Honda pigtail for the passenger.

I use the Sena Bluetooth setup and it works amazingly well.

Beagle

I just got the chatterbox so I can talk on the phone , works amazingly well, listen to tunes and talk to riding buds that have one too works up to 5 miles bike to bike …….I found mine on ebay for under $250 retail is around $339Attachment 5103

I want nice, thin, helmet speakers only, for installation in a Shoei modular helmet. Will use a wired connection and will be listening to the radio only. What are folks doing for an application like this? Would appreciate specifics including the helmet to bike hookup. I'm not an electronics guy, as you can tell. Thanks.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I want nice, thin, helmet speakers only, for installation in a Shoei modular helmet. Will use a wired connection and will be listening to the radio only. What are folks doing for an application like this? Would appreciate specifics including the helmet to bike hookup. I'm not an electronics guy, as you can tell. Thanks.
    Tork makes some helmet speakers that connect the same as ear buds (3.5 MM stereo plug)

http://www.torkworld.com/helmet-speakers.html

Wingstuff / E bay has a few 'Goldwing audio' adapters to connect the bike to the speakers/ earbuds.

Here's one: http://wingstuff.com/products/21549-...-headset_cords

If at a later date you want to add a helmet com system to these, Sena makes a unit that will plug in between these 2 items.

I have the Tork Xpros, the Sena system, and an in-line Amp. I wish the fidelity was better, but wind noise shares a big part of the blame,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    http://www.edsets.com/

I have heard from other Goldwing owners that these are nice speakers.Can be ordered without the mike.

All I can say is WOW ...

http://www.uclear-digital.com/us/pro...ns-system.html

Listen ... I've toyed with getting these for almost 2 years ... finally I purchased and WOW ... THEY F'ing work as advertised. Not only did I test with 3/4 helmet ... I've currently installed into my 1/2 helmet ... and STILL impressive. I have the baggershield and tested with shield up and down going @ least 90 mph on express way ... I heard everything clear as bird and also the caller on other side heard no wind ... just my voice when I spoke.

This is by far best investment i've made since owning a bike ... Music comes through even louder ... only thing I haven't tested is bike 2 bike comm and that's because no one in my crew has one yet .. but they're ordering a set as I type.