You say potato.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You say potato.....

You say potato.....

I say pototo......Here's a couple of pics with the mounted top case. I have this mounted where I can put it on or take it off in just a few minutes. Necessary for me, as I like to change things up and will go back to the backrest and luggage rack from time to time. To each his own, I like the looks with it on, but am also aware that many bought this bike for the fact that it did not come with a top case.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I say pototo......Here's a couple of pics with the mounted top case. I have this mounted where I can put it on or take it off in just a few minutes. Necessary for me, as I like to change things up and will go back to the backrest and luggage rack from time to time. To each his own, I like the looks with it on, but am also aware that many bought this bike for the fact that it did not come with a top case.

As we say in the South .... "You done good!"

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Very nice. Would like to know how and what you did.

Good looking trunk and mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogzilla View Post
    Very nice. Would like to know how and what you did.
    The trunk is a 2014 Harley D chopped tour pak. I had a detachable tour pack rack in the attack, so I cut the front supports off of it. Using my Bikemp3 luggage rack as a template, I marked and drilled holes for the mounting bolts. I mounted the rack first using longer bolts and spacers from my local Ace hardware. The rack has four holes to bolt the pak to. I put some chaulk from my chaulk line on top of the bolts (which are actually large Phillips head bolts) and set the pak down on the rack, aligning the pak and rack holes, and marked the bottom of the box where the Phillips head bolts are, and using a hole saw I drilled these so that the holes would allow the pak to sit flat on the rack. Bolted the pak to the rack. To remove, I take out the four bolts holding the pak to the rack, lift it off, and unscrew the bolts that attach the rack to the bike. 5 minutes max. I've got some plugs that cover the Philips head bolts, but will probably just use electrical tape to cover them. The pak comes with a floor matt so non of this is visible.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I have a bunch of detachable racks and things that I took off a Harley I sold. I will need to get a tour pack and just figure this out

Great job@!

Quote Originally Posted by Hogzilla View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I have a bunch of detachable racks and things that I took off a Harley I sold. I will need to get a tour pack and just figure this out

Great job@!
    It would have been easier to take the rack back off, mark the holes on the bottom of the tour pak and then use the hole saw, but my better ideas usually come after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    It would have been easier to take the rack back off, mark the holes on the bottom of the tour pak and then use the hole saw, but my better ideas usually come after the fact.
    And I just had another brilliant idea, use studs instead of bolts and it will go on and off easier. I'll do that next time I take it off.

Matches perfectly to the design of the F6B! Great work!

I really like it, I am contemplating a Mutazu as the HD stuff is super pricey for as often as I would use it.