Goldwing accident in Russia video - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goldwing accident in Russia video

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post
    Id rather go like that than sit around get too old.
    Go for it. I'll take getting old versus riding like an idiot, clipping a car, getting ejected from my bike, subsequently getting run over by my bike in broad daylight, then having shocked folks walk up and observe my corpse and wonder what the hell just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post
    Id rather go like that than sit around get too old.
    If I ever do get snuffed out too early then I want a softer exit with family around...I've seen too many people, some very young, die unnecessarily in collisions often late at night, in the rain with no loved ones around. It's very sad.

hey guys........... your parachuting out of the same plane he was and that we all are on this forum. [motorcycles]

I've seen more death and dismemberment than I care to remember too, I was also in law and military.

If you think your bullet proof riding your motorcycle than so be it, don't be rude to me about it. I stick to my guns on this subject. I don't see that the guy was doing excessive speeds, I seen a car stopped and he just clipped it. If you think your immune to deer, fox, coyote, ect..., drunk drivers, texters, red light runners, very old people driving, then your special, or your kickstand is always down.

As far as you being looked at when and if you do crash, its human nature [curiosity]. Ive had 2 major motorcycle crashes, I was picked up unconscious both times and transported to a hospital.

Don't forget your riding a gyro effect on two wheels, not a 4 wheel car.

May I ask why we are watching a video of a fellow Goldwing rider crashing anyhow ? Not cool...
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I have watch countless MC collision vids,,, Kind of a 'Jerry Springer' effect, I guess,,,

120, I don't think anyone was believing that you yourself wanted to go out exactly like the vid, clipping a car in a potentially avoidable accident, but that we'd rather not have an accident and all live to a ripe old age,,,

I viewed your comment as 'a quick exit' vs any kind of lingering, drawn out process. In those regards, I agree with you 100%.

Life seems so much cheaper in Russia. Sad...

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Go for it. I'll take getting old versus riding like an idiot, clipping a car, getting ejected from my bike, subsequently getting run over by my bike in broad daylight, then having shocked folks walk up and observe my corpse and wonder what the hell just happened.
    Thank you for saying that. Agree.
    Planning a ride around the Smokies? Need a place to stay? Check out our cabin rental at www.angelsrestvacation.com.

Just sad to see someone dying so stupidly

It seems like everyone in Russia has a dash cam. So many wrecks that the cameras are to clear some of being guilty. Darn shame, no one tried to render care to the motorcyclist. Yes he was stupid for driving like an ass. Just videotape his death sux!!!! I came upon a wreck where an idiot cut off the female motorcyclist and then took off. My Camp Commander (Sons Of Confederate Veterans) and I stayed and gave First Aid and helped the EMS people care for her till she was in the ambulance. I did PreHospital for 20 years and been an RN for 35 years. I had to stop! It is in the DNA. Death is so sudden sometimes. I ride, I know when GOD is ready for me, he knows where I am. I can be here in my recliner typing on the computer or riding my motorcycle. He can take me when he is ready. I'm ready for him. Till then, I want the wind in my face on two wheels.

Instead of getting pissy with each other, we should all reflect that something like this can happen to any one of us. I would hope that we can all agree that the next time we get on our bikes, we remember the bad decision this guy made. We should always be vigilant of the "What ifs". Safety is first and foremost so we can enjoy a days ride and make it back home safely to our family.

That's one dead Russkie. Must've been the Vodka.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.