the back seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the back seat

the back seat

How do you get your SO onto the back seat without scraping up the paint with their shoes?? I put the bike on its center stand and tried to get into the back seat myself and it is pretty awkward. Do you let them step onto the left peg and then swing their right leg over? The last time someone tried that on my old bike I almost fell over. I think I am going to need a step stool to get my wife into the seat. This thing is like straddling a barrel.

I grimace, but ignore it when my granddaughter hops on the back. She's always begging me to go on rides, so for me, I just bite my lip and go for it. Good luck to all for the back seat riders!

FYI I had to learn that on my last Harley. She loves riding no matter what, so I've lived with the scuffs and scrapes (personality) she's added to my bikes. The rides far outweigh the minor scars she's added. They turn up being memories for me.

This answer may differ as much as the variation of SO's sitting in the back seat. I taught my SO to stand on the kick stand side passenger peg, keeping her weight over the bike she easily clears the other leg over to the opposite side still standing, then sits.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I have my wife get on the bike before I do….on the side stand…no big deal…I just hold the L grip as she does...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Like going horse back, always on the left. She does hit her boots on the bags once in a while, but I think it pretty easy to buff out considering the privilege of her company.

When we stop, I get off with kick stand down, then offer a hand off.
    Works good. She is small.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by erazor55 View Post
    I grimace, but ignore it when my granddaughter hops on the back. She's always begging me to go on rides, so for me, I just bite my lip and go for it. Good luck to all for the back seat riders!

FYI I had to learn that on my last Harley. She loves riding no matter what, so I've lived with the scuffs and scrapes (personality) she's added to my bikes. The rides far outweigh the minor scars she's added. They turn up being memories for me.
    Amen! I took four grandkids for rides last week-end, afterwards my youngest daughter (30) said, " Dad, I was riding with you when I was my babies age! I want to go now" When we were done, I parked the bike on the centerstand and we all went into the house. I happened to be walking by the window when I noticed one of the grandkids had crawled back up on the bike and was sitting on the back with a big smile on her face. I may just leave that scratch on the saddlebag for good memories myself.

Happily for me, my wife is quite flexible. LOL

She is used to having to swing over the trunk on my Valkyrie Interstate and says getting on the F6B is a breeze compared to the Valkyrie. She still hasn't worked out her mount and dismount with her helmet headset hooked up however.

I usually have my SO throw her leg..............OVER HER OWN BIKE!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    I usually have my SO throw her leg..............OVER HER OWN BIKE!
    X2! That's the best way, IMHO!

I have seen 'others' mount up either passenger first or by standing on peg/swinging over. I would assume discouraging the use of stud / metal-clad apparel would be helpful,,,

Love wife and grandkids but no no no scratches, no way !!

Here's how my wife does it so gracefully. She gets on the left side, puts her left foot on a new mini passenger floorboard I just installed, holds the grab rail and sits back and down on the seat then brings her right foot up and over the tank (way high), then she scoots back into position on her seat. What a sweetie !!