Corbin or Mustang... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corbin or Mustang...

Mustang didn't make a seat when I bought the Corbin.
    Ok he's done

I've had just about all of them at one point or another. I find for me the Corbin generally works out the best. I know others who have had great look with Ultimates and Russell Day Longs as well. But I've got a Corbin butt as they say

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    But I've got a Corbin butt as they say
    Me to.I got a Corbin ass
    Ride it like you stole it

I tried a Corbin on my bagger, never have I paid so much and gotten so little, except for maybe my 1st marriage. Super hard and uncomfortable, I never had to take Aleve just to sit in the saddle for 20 minutes with any other seat. Took it off after two tries and sold at a loss.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    I tried a Corbin on my bagger, never have I paid so much and gotten so little, except for maybe my 1st marriage. Super hard and uncomfortable, I never had to take Aleve just to sit in the saddle for 20 minutes with any other seat. Took it off after two tries and sold at a loss.
    ss^,
    Ken
    Takes more then 2 tries for a seat to break in nice to your ass

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Takes more then 2 tries for a seat to break in nice to your ass
    Or your ass to break in to the seat!

If your seat doesn't fit well enough from the beginning to avoid PAIN, eh, it's not the right seat for you.

This is one of those '1 answer does not suit all' questions. Best advice I can give would be if you are happy with a certain seat manufacturer before, try them first!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Or your ass to break in to the seat!

If your seat doesn't fit well enough from the beginning to avoid PAIN, eh, it's not the right seat for you.

This is one of those '1 answer does not suit all' questions. Best advice I can give would be if you are happy with a certain seat manufacturer before, try them first!
    Agree 100% but before you purchase a Corbin seat there website says about breaking it in 1500 miles and the inside cell foam breaks down and gets better and better with more miles.I see no point in starting seat threads anyway because everyone's ass is different.See what seat you like by the looks and give it a try

MUSTANG

Mustang for me. Just ordered after reading and checking price. I have never been so satisfied with a aftermarket seat than with the mustang. It gives you more controle of the entire bike than the stock seat does. the removal of one inch puts your feet right on the ground. Great improvement over the stock seat.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Agree 100% but before you purchase a Corbin seat there website says about breaking it in 1500 miles ....
    Yep. RDL says theirs takes time to break-in as well, but I'm not sure of the exact mileage they recommend,,, They do give you up to 8 months to 'get you comfortable*' before their 'buy it back' warranty expires.

*Must allow RDL the opportunity to make (2) adjustments before you can request they 'buy-back' your seat. Shipping to RDL for adjustment(s) is on your nickel.

If you send in good pictures, be honest about your weight, and accurately describe ~how~ you'd like to sit, (within the limitations of the bike/seat pan), they do a pretty good job of getting it right the first time!

The VTX 1800 I had before was a 'ballz on tank/azz on fender' kinda bike for a big guy like me,,, I needed to go UP with the seat to gain more seat real estate, but I asked to go down,,, I did sent that RDL back for an adjustment once, but there's only so much you can do. Seating me in a lowered VTX 1800 seat is like trying to fit an ostrich egg in a regular egg carton!!!

Ok here we go...Last year I when up to Corbin and bought the "Smuggler"...It SUCKED hard as a rock but....I liked the shape on the seat and I love the extra storage. I then sent my seat to RDL and I love it...its like riding your couch
    The Corbin seat

My RDL seat