Corbin or Mustang...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corbin or Mustang...

Corbin or Mustang...

I know there has been a lot of discussion surrounding these two seats. I'm in the market because I want a seat that's lower so I can get a better footing. I like that the Mustang seat is 1" lower, not a fan of sitting another inch away from the bars.

I contacted Mustang and was told they do not make custom modifications so I get what I get. It took a couple of days of email and calling to get a response. The Tripper Fastback seat looks awesome and I've owned Mustang seats in the past so I know they're well built and comfortable. IMO they are the nicest looking seat of any manufacturer for the F6B.

I contacted Corbin and received a call from a guy at Corbin the next day, he told me he could customize the seat to achieve what I was looking for. Needless to say I was impressed with them contacting me so quickly. I have read some members posts saying Corbin is hard and uncomfortable. I have never owned a Corbin so I have no personal experience. I really like the modular style of the smuggler seat and have to say the solo seat with the trunk looks pretty sweet.

I did look at the ultimate seats but they don't appear to have anything that caters to those of us with a shorter inseam.

I'm ready to pull the trigger and any feedback would be helpful. I know it's ultimately about comfort but I don't have the luxury of trying either of them out before I buy.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Russell Day Long

Comfort guarantee.

Up/down/forward/back,,, your call.

I got a Corbin but I need a harder seat.If the seat is to soft it hurts my ass within 15 mins riding.Love it so far and I know from past experience with Corbin will get a little softer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride it like you stole it

Mustang….period…..if you don’t like it there will be many buyers!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I had a corbin an I sold it and order the Mustang seat
    Ok he's done

I know the answer to this question! Mustang
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How can a guy called MustangJake....have a Corbin....then he would be CorbinJake....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cool Corbin

Picked up a Corbin during bike week and absolutely love the seat..... Only issue is that you have to loosen it up in order to take the side covers off.... I have the suspension set for two up riding and have no need to change it. So not an issue here for me....

Corbin

I had a mustang on my last bike (Vulcan Voyager) and a Corbin on this bike (F6B), and I have to say that I find the Corbin much more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    How can a guy called MustangJake....have a Corbin....then he would be CorbinJake....
    I agree, just wouldn't be right.