New Guy Questions and Advice. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Guy Questions and Advice.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Tom,

We have a fellow rider that is retiring from motorcycles, he is in your backyard ....

See thread, it is a very nice set-up, let me know if you can't get a hold of him.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...ling-Black-f6b

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

tearless- you left out self-cancelling turn signals, personally I feel every bike should have them. Let's face it they were on my first bike "XS400" back in 1977!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    tearless- you left out self-cancelling turn signals, personally I feel every bike should have them. Let's face it they were on my first bike "XS400" back in 1977!
    I realized that after I posted. I have them on my HD now and it is the only bike I have ever had it on. It is a nice feature and should be on all bikes but if need be I could live without it.

I am trying to get my wife to be a little more receptive to the idea of extending my payments you know if Momma ain't happy ain't nobody going to be happy.

I hope to go look at one of the members here bike next week when I am off next. It is black which is not my favorite color but it seems to be a great bike and has me very intrigued.

I do have one other issue that comes to mind. We like to travel, she likes to ride but would rather tow the bike to our vacation destination often across country or at least 1,000 miles away or more.then spend a week or two exploring the area on the bike then trailer back.

My issue is I can't recall ever seeing a Goldwing being towed on a trailer. It just seems wrong.

seeing a Goldwing being towed on a trailer. It just seems wrong.
    Yes, that's abnormal....

Very often, the real adventure is the ride to the destination and back. This is especially true when following Steve 0080
    Ken (Hornblower)

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Very often, the real adventure is the ride to the destination and back. This is especially true when following Steve 0080

________ __________ _____________ __________

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TearlessTom View Post
    I do have one other issue that comes to mind. We like to travel, she likes to ride but would rather tow the bike to our vacation destination often across country or at least 1,000 miles away or more.then spend a week or two exploring the area on the bike then trailer back.

My issue is I can't recall ever seeing a Goldwing being towed on a trailer. It just seems wrong.
    Wife and I do just that every year in Arkansas. I put one bike in the bed of the truck and the other on a trailer and head off to Russellville. 'Base camp' in that area for a week, then load em up and head home. It's only ~500~ miles to R-ville from Houston, but between hauling all her crap and arriving/returning 'fresh' after an easy 500 mile day in a 'truck', trailering makes the most sense to us. Adding any inclement weather to that trip also makes one glad to be inside a vehicle.

I'd like to 'take a trip' on 2 wheels just by myself some day, but it's not something I need to do anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Wife and I do just that every year in Arkansas. I put one bike in the bed of the truck and the other on a trailer and head off to Russellville. 'Base camp' in that area for a week, then load em up and head home. It's only ~500~ miles to R-ville from Houston, but between hauling all her crap and arriving/returning 'fresh' after an easy 500 mile day in a 'truck', trailering makes the most sense to us. Adding any inclement weather to that trip also makes one glad to be inside a vehicle.

I'd like to 'take a trip' on 2 wheels just by myself some day, but it's not something I need to do anytime soon.
    I agree it is nice to have a roof over your head to retreat to when it rains or too cold. I've done a few solo trips, the longest a bit over 5,000 miles. I am planning a 2,000 mile trip the 2nd week of May now. However it is interesting to make the trip on two wheels but that ain't going to happen with all her stuff.

I'm looking real hard at buying this week. Cheapest I've seen has been 15K with lower prices coming in around 15400 as listed on Cycletrader. Washington dealers aren't that low, but then I'd still have to ship it and that makes the difference up quickly. I did get a quote of $695 for the 7 year extended warranty which the dealer said was $50 under cost, sounds right. Now if they give me a good price on my trade, bye bye Harley, hello Honda. Since Honda is giving a 1K rebate that helps on lowering purchase price. They also have good finaincing though Alaska credit that I belong to, has 3.1% and I can't beat that.
    Best of luck Tom.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

Scot just curious, What bike do you load in the back of the truck and how do you get in in there.. I ended up buying a full grown 2012 wing and loving it. I have over 3,000 miles on it now in less than a month. I just returned from my 9 day camping trip.

Anyway from what research I have done is seems to take a nearly 20 foot ramp to load into the back of a full size pick up truck. Thats a lot of ramp and it would have to be especially strong to support the wing and person loading it. About 1,100 lbs total.

Any thoughts or suggestions???

We are planning a trip out west in October and having the bike it the bed vs on a trailer would be easier to manage and I am sure better gas mileage too.