Anyone here care to discuss this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here care to discuss this?

Anyone here care to discuss this?

Sorry if its a repost....Couldnt find it around this Forum.

http://youtu.be/ncxLtvMmUBM

I just saw this on Facebook.Would I do this with my son NO but if this guy wants to do it with his son have fun
    Ride it like you stole it

Sorry I thought I posted this in off-topic

I think it was not a smart move on the Dads' part, and the Kid doesn't have enough gear on. And I am not a gear nazi by any means. I seen this on Facebook this morning and it is going virial fast. I am really surprised at all the support for the Dad.

My buddy gave his step daughter a ride on his bike, just around the block. She was wearing full gear riding in front of him. He got pulled over and got a ton of tickets, and a child endangerment charge.
    In IL the rider has to be tall enough to reach the passenger pegs, to legally ride as passenger on a motorcycle.

I think more dads need to spend quality bonding time with their kids! He was steering the bike via weight transfer and I'm sure had control. I am glad he had him on the open road, the danger is in traffic. All of our generations on this forum rode bicycles with no helmet and survived and we played competitive sports where there was a winner and a loser. Today everyone wins, everyone is awesome! Anyway…rambling I think he is being a good dad spending time with his boy outdoors!

My 12 an 14 year old Granddaughters driver my truck all over.
    It's very rural . the younger 1 is way better driver.
    As soon as I hit the dirt road an if together it's a fight as to who's first
    Ok he's done

crazy

I would not even consider letting a kid do that, one rock or even a snake and if the kid panics pops might not be able to recover. All that plus the fact that the kid was in a tee shirt and shorts means even a minor fall brings major injury.

I think it is cool that the Dad is shearing love for the hobby, but he could have put some better protection on the kiddo. I guess that's my real complaint about this video.
    But who I'm I judge? It's his Son, I just can't think how ugly this could get real fast if things went south.
    Me as a Father would NEVER be able to forgive myself if SHTF doing this.
    I do remember riding like this with my Dad when I was even younger then this kid, but I always had boots long pants and jacket and gloves. My Dad never let me take the throttle that I can remember, "pretty sure, I would have remembered that one"
    I'm sure this kid will.
    Which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I think it is cool that the Dad is shearing love for the hobby, but he could have put some better protection on the kiddo. I guess that's my real complaint about this video.
    But who I'm I judge? It's his Son, I just can't think how ugly this could get real fast if things went south.
    Me as a Father would NEVER be able to forgive myself if SHTF doing this.
    I do remember riding like this with my Dad when I was even younger then this kid, but I always had boots long pants and jacket and gloves. My Dad never let me take the throttle that I can remember, "pretty sure, I would have remembered that one"
    I'm sure this kid will.
    Which is cool.
    Yeah, I know... the adventurer in me is glad this kid isn't being raised like a fearful shut-in like so many kids these days, but let's face it pops is taking real liberties with his son's well being here. I'm genuinely divided.

We could “what if this to death”…… me so what… seemed to be on a country road/area, not sure there is/was any real danger…the memories…priceless!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I wouldn't do it, but there's no handbook on parenting. To each his own. My favorite part is the helmet. It reads DEATH. Nice touch.