Anyone here care to discuss this? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here care to discuss this?

Awesome

My Son rode a dirt bike before he could pedal a bike. My Grandkids drive my tractor, scag & 4 wheeler on my property. Most kids today only drive video games. Some goody two shoes will likely try to get him arrested. Let them enjoy life.

When I was a kid, my dad brought home a Cushman "step thru" in a box. He rebuilt the engine, painted the scoot red with Krylon, the wheels silver, and put it all back together. I thought it looked better than new. The first couple of months he would hold it up until I got on and helped me take off. He would "catch" me when it was time to stop, because I couldn't hold it up when not rolling. I never crashed it. That's one of my best memories, and gave me the love of motorcycling that I still enjoy today, 51 years later.

Red face Right On Right ON Ride On

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRob View Post
    I think more dads need to spend quality bonding time with their kids! He was steering the bike via weight transfer and I'm sure had control. I am glad he had him on the open road, the danger is in traffic. All of our generations on this forum rode bicycles with no helmet and survived and we played competitive sports where there was a winner and a loser. Today everyone wins, everyone is awesome! Anyway…rambling I think he is being a good dad spending time with his boy outdoors!
    Capt. Rob,

You are dead on the money. We even drank water from a garden hose, the humanity man the humanity.

Ever thought about running for office? To quote a favorite author of mine " We need more Patton and less paten leather"

A Healthy

I have been looking for a poem/story I received on the web…running with scissors, drinking from a hose, lead paint on hi-chairs, no child seat, or bike helmet…and the list goes on…

I owned a seamless gutter business for 20 years…I bought another house and was installing gutter on it when my wife came by and our 4 yoa child was on the roof, “helping”….. she kept her mouth shut and held onto her heart and went in side…..now the child, 25 yoa has NO fear of heights or of working with his hands. Not sure which is the better lesson….raising a titty baby or a man or young woman…. JMHO

Bobby said it best: there is no manual that comes with a child…and what works on one will not on the second or third or forth…..
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ahealthy View Post
    Capt. Rob,

You are dead on the money. We even drank water from a garden hose, the humanity man the humanity.

Ever thought about running for office? To quote a favorite author of mine " We need more Patton and less paten leather"

A Healthy
    WE need more pictures of kids with fish and less selfies!!! lol I'm not sure about the kids today! Shit! I am starting to sound like my parents and grandparents!!