After market seat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After market seat

After market seat

Days away from 59th birthday. I have some back problems, and suffer through the night after a few days of commuting. For now, it's still worth it. Would an after market seat provide some relief? Or should I wear a kidney belt when riding?

that's a tough question. All I can give you is my personal thoughts about it. I actually liked my stock seat, but found myself sliding forward and rearward when braking or accelerating. Somuch so that I felt lower back pain after a day on the bike. I got the Ultimate seat after sitting on a friends bike and found it to snug me just enough that I wasn't sliding. Hence, no back pain after a days ride. But like I said, everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    that's a tough question. All I can give you is my personal thoughts about it. I actually liked my stock seat, but found myself sliding forward and rearward when braking or accelerating. Somuch so that I felt lower back pain after a day on the bike. I got the Ultimate seat after sitting on a friends bike and found it to snug me just enough that I wasn't sliding. Hence, no back pain after a days ride. But like I said, everyone is different.
    I also went with The Ultimate, it sort of gives me the feeling of sitting "in" the bike, not "on" it. It has lots of back support. It's a keeper. Love it........

I agree the stock one is to soft and I found myself all over it.
    I bought a Corbin but it didn't work for me sold it put a back rest on the stock one.
    It's better but I ordered a mustang will see how it works.
    Ok he's done

The reason I sold my stock seat was the fact I was sliding to the front….I would try the belt first…go by a “Play it Again” store and buy a belt made of fabric not leather and give it a try!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Same experience as others. Got Ultimate w/ backrest and for me, it made the ride much better.
    That said, Belt might work fine and it's a cheaper first option.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

How about (passenger) comfort with the Ultimate seat?

Looking for Ultimate or Mustang.

Richie

My wife likes the Mustang better than stock…if that helps ….
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    The 6 is not the most 'plush' riding bike I've ever owned,,,

Hard to say exactly what's making your back hurt,,, Posture/position, 'road jolt', etc,,,

Without knowing the cause, correcting the issue could be tough,,,

I like to start w/inexpensive stuff first,,,

Air pressure in tires???? (I had a bunko gauge that read 4 lbs less than actual, so I was at 44 iso 40) Correct (for you) pressure will not make a new bike out of it, but every bit helps. {I'm currently 38 F 40 R, and I'm just north of 300 lbs.}

Make sure your gauge is accurate.

Opinions do vary, but I'd run a few less lbs of pressure than the 'popular consensus', tire wear be damned, if it meant the difference between riding or not.

Quote Originally Posted by erazor55 View Post
    Days away from 59th birthday. I have some back problems, and suffer through the night after a few days of commuting. For now, it's still worth it. Would an after market seat provide some relief? Or should I wear a kidney belt when riding?
    Utopia rider backrest could be your answer and much less expensive than changing seats.
    Ken (Hornblower)