Rear suspension preset

Thread: Rear suspension preset

Rear suspension preset

Have read a fair amount on this and kind of conclude that it is all over the place and not to many people agree on what works best for what weight, rider... I just lowered w/the Lower Wings 1" lowering link and dropped the front 1/2". From what I seam to have read, the preload adjustment from the factory is set at about 1, harsh for some, not others. I am coming off a '90 Harley fl, have lowered vehicles and like my ride a little stiffer, I think I should leave it were it is at, at least till I get a chance to ride it. lol Any thoughts

Setting 1 is soft. I was bouncing and scraping the ground on corners and dragging on every speed bump. I weigh 225. I put mine in the middle (17 clicks) and no more scraping or dragging. You'll have to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Setting 1 is soft. I was bouncing and scraping the ground on corners and dragging on every speed bump. I weigh 225. I put mine in the middle (17 clicks) and no more scraping or dragging. You'll have to experiment.
    Agreed, no substitute for trial and error. I run mine 8 clicks in with good results, but I understand these springs soften over time.

+1 with Bobby...... try it and see....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Before I try to get the Mustang seat on I decided to check the preload, it was set all the way counterclockwise,I turned it clockwise (6) full turns, would that be 12 clicks?, figured at 225lbs, it would be a good starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Before I try to get the Mustang seat on I decided to check the preload, it was set all the way counterclockwise,I turned it clockwise (6) full turns, would that be 12 clicks?, figured at 225lbs, it would be a good starting point.
    Did you hear the clicks? There's also lines on the adjuster to use as a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Did you hear the clicks? There's also lines on the adjuster to use as a reference.
    Yes I did hear some clicks, but not every time, I marked a spot on the adjuster and made (6) 360's and watched the reference line move towards the 1/2 mark. Did I do good, did I, did I.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Yes I did hear some clicks, but not every time, I marked a spot on the adjuster and made (6) 360's and watched the reference line move towards the 1/2 mark. Did I do good, did I, did I.
    Attachment 5263