Mustang install tip, maybe.

Thread: Mustang install tip, maybe.

Mustang install tip, maybe.

Was dreading the install of the Mustang seat and was having a b'tch of a time,threads, on bike, getting a little cross threaded, having a time getting grab rail hole, seat hole and frame holes lined up, yada, yada, yada.
    Went downtown and bought a tap, ran threw the frame holes, put a little Vaseline in holes, no not the hot stuff, get your minds out of the gutter, put the seat on, started the bolts, did get the tapered ones, threw the seat, on one side, then removed them, carefully lined up da grab rail w/out moving the seat and WaLa they screwed right in, went to the other side and easy peasy. If that helps someone , great.

Choptop,,,Let us know how you like the seat after a few rides...I have the newer bolts already and am waiting a while to order the seat until the demand slows down later in the season... if it does.....Thanks, especially concerned if it sets you back a lot farther from the bars as my arms are a little short like my inseam....

I installed the pointed/tapered seat bolts from Wingstuff a few weeks ago after I finished my winter mods and noticed the seat went on very easy with them
    Ride it like you stole it

What size tap did you buy? And did you run the tap thought each hole?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Was dreading the install of the Mustang seat and was having a b'tch of a time,threads, on bike, getting a little cross threaded, having a time getting grab rail hole, seat hole and frame holes lined up, yada, yada, yada.
    Went downtown and bought a tap, ran threw the frame holes, put a little Vaseline in holes, no not the hot stuff, get your minds out of the gutter, put the seat on, started the bolts, did get the tapered ones, threw the seat, on one side, then removed them, carefully lined up da grab rail w/out moving the seat and WaLa they screwed right in, went to the other side and easy peasy. If that helps someone , great.
    How far did you throw it? LOL

The way the post was going I thought you might have thrown it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 12kimt View Post
    What size tap did you buy? And did you run the tap thought each hole?
    If I remember correctly it was a metric 8.5 ?, took one of the bolts to the hardware store. Ran it completely threw.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    How far did you throw it? LOL

The way the post was going I thought you might have thrown it out.
    lol. I have kicked, hit , thrown many tools and parts over the years, that would have been one that I would have regretted.