Electricle connection help please - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electricle connection help please

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I got the front reflector signals in and the adapters. I understand that I don't use the y connector included with the signals. What I don't understand is that the signals don't have a plug and play connector on them just 3 prongs that need to be inserted into a connector. From reading the instructions for installation and looking at the pics there will be 2 small connectors left open for accessories and these prongs won't go into either of them? I'm confused............

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I got the front reflector signals in and the adapters. I understand that I don't use the y connector included with the signals. What I don't understand is that the signals don't have a plug and play connector on them just 3 prongs that need to be inserted into a connector. From reading the instructions for installation and looking at the pics there will be 2 small connectors left open for accessories and these prongs won't go into either of them? I'm confused............
    As I remember it, you don't use any of the Y connecters in the reflector kit but use the one in the 7301 kit, plug and play and I believe their is one connector left, in the mirror, for an add on later.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    As I remember it, you don't use any of the Y connecters in the reflector kit but use the one in the 7301 kit, plug and play and I believe their is one connector left, in the mirror, for an add on later.
    My lights came with 3 prongs on the end of the wire not a plug and play connector. I understand that you do not use the y adapter that came with the signals, I use the 7301 kit that I ordered. My question is according to the pics once the 7301 y adapter is installed I am left with 2 small female connectors that the 3 prongs will not plug into to. My lights end in 3 wires, not an oem style connector. Where do I plug in the 3 wires at the end of the lights?

My lights came with 3 prongs on the end of the wire not a plug and play connector. I understand that you do not use the y adapter that came with the signals, I use the 7301 kit that I ordered. My question is according to the pics once the 7301 y adapter is installed I am left with 2 small female connectors that the 3 prongs will not plug into to. My lights end in 3 wires, not an oem style connector. Where do I plug in the 3 wires at the end of the lights?
    Not sure on that one, I had just installed the Muth mirrors, hopefully someone will chime in, maybe start a new thread were you stick out.

Not sure on that one, I had just installed the Muth mirrors, hopefully someone will chime in, maybe start a new thread were you stick out.
    I have the Muth mirrors too, we have the exact same set up that's why I was asking. Do you remember if the wires at the end of your signals had an oem connector or 3 loose wires like mine?

I have the Muth mirrors too, we have the exact same set up that's why I was asking. Do you remember if the wires at the end of your signals had an oem connector or 3 loose wires like mine?
    I may be having a senior moment but in your L.E.D. Front reflector Conversion Kit #7448 I think you should have (2) little black plastic housings, you have to match the ,step 8 in directions, black, red and white wires of the reflector wires, loose ones I think, put them in the suplied black housings so that when you plug them into the oem syyle block at the mirror, they match up,per step 8, Blk/blk,red/green, white/red, make sense? or those little black things come w/ kit 7330 ? can't remember, hope it helps.

I may be having a senior moment but in your L.E.D. Front reflector Conversion Kit #7448 I think you shouldve (2) little black plastic housings, you have to match the ,step 8 in directions, black, red and white wires of the reflector wires, loose ones I think, put them in the suplied black housings so that when you plug them into the oem syyle block at the mirror, they match up,per step 8, Blk/blk,red/green, white/red, make sense? or those little black things come w/ kit 7330 ? can't remember, hope it helps.
    I got it.......the baggie with the zip ties and the two plastic tabs I needed fell back in the packing box. It all makes sense now, I figured I was missing something just wasn't sure what. Once I found my clips it was smooth sailing. Thanks for the help Choptop.

I got it.......the baggie with the zip ties and the two plastic tabs I needed fell back in the packing box. It all makes sense now, I figured I was missing something just wasn't sure what. Once I found my clips it was smooth sailing. Thanks for the help Choptop.
    No problem, if I ever pass threw your area you can buy me a beverage or two, non alcoholic of course.

Sorry no coffee…. yes I have the reflector lights as well and hess there are both running and turn signals…sorry for the delay...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Sorry no coffee…. yes I have the reflector lights as well and hess there are both running and turn signals…sorry for the delay...
    I installed them yesterday, they are pretty sweet!