12 Months/15,283 Miles

Thread: 12 Months/15,283 Miles

12 Months/15,283 Miles

Had a milestone today! 12 months of ownership! Taking delivery of my 6 on 19 April 2013, it seem like yesterday. 15,283 miles later and my impression of the 6 remains unchanged from my thread/post after three months of ownership. Here's the original post!
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...s-Into-The-F6B.

What would I change from my original impressions of the 6! Not one thing! The machine is by far and above the best motorcycle I've ever owned. Those creature comforts, I deemed necessary have been added and performed flawlessly. Other than replacing my Grip Puppies (wearing out) all the added goodies are holding up nicely. My original concerns about swirl marks in my red paint are by the wayside as the bike has not a single paint chip in 15k miles of riding. I initially treated/sealed the paint/windshield with Liquid Glass and that may have added to the durability of the finish.

As I "snow bird" to Florida for six months over the winter, I actually enjoy a 12 month long riding season! Gee! Life is tough I'll be returning to NE Pa. in the near future and I'm looking forward to my forays along the Delaware River Corridor! Lots of good riding in the near future

Still have the original OEM Stone on the front! The tire is wearing well with no signs of any cupping or front wheel wobble. Hoping to get approximately 20/21K miles service. I run 40 PSI air pressure and monitor it regularly.

Been a "Dark Side Rider" for a good number of years so the OEM rear Stone was removed at 1100 miles. All of the accumulated miles from that time on has been on a General G-Max 195/55R-16. That tire has performed above expectation and I currently have three identical replacements. I expect to receive 24/25k miles service from the Max.

This is the first bike I owned with a stereo system. Been using my Sony I-Pod with great success. I use the USB port in the left saddle bag as directed by the owners manual and enjoy the thumb control feature on the left bar. Having installed the taller OEM Honda Windshield., I suspect that adds to the clarity of the music along with the automatic volume control!

Safe Riding

Bob

I agree! Awesome machine!
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

Well Bob
    You missed such a nice NEPA winter.
    I agree but have only hit 1100.since purchase.
    BTW it sure is a belly warming feeling when Harley guys want to know about 6
    Mother Honda did good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+1 I have had my F6 for 14 months and still enjoy it !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Mine has almost 18000. Unfortunately I had a nail in my front tire @ just over 17000 or I am quite sure I would have gotten 20000 or more out of the front tire. I am in Arizona now visiting the kids and grandkids and am looking forward to some canyon riding this week. As stated, this is, by far, the best motorcycle I have owned in my 50 years of riding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

15,000 miles

I bought mine in January w/ 5800 miles on it, and have just crossed over to 20,350. Not a bad bit of riding considering I did not ride in January or May. I am about to get the 20k service done, and look forward to many more miles on the bike. I ride it almost daily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

That's a dream year for me, but I might come close if the rally trip goes as planned. I did two 10,000 mile, 8 month riding seasons on an M109, so it's more than possible with this bike. The rally trip will add at least 2,500 miles alone. Looking forward to this year like no other.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Just turned 30K and still happy !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com