Helibars report

Thread: Helibars report

Helibars report

I installed a set on Helibars on my F6B deluxe. They are very well made and the instructions/pictures are good. The install took about 4 hours. It was not that difficult but I did run into a couple things that slowed the installation. The first was the right side control box retaining clip screw would not come loose. I ended up having to heat with a heat gun to get it break loose. The second delay was the heated grip removal. It was very slow and I had to use the grip removal tool until I had the grip completely remove from the bar.

The bars require some ride testing to get the preferred set up. I have finally decided on a more closer to the rider, higher, and straighter/flatter grips position than stock. I have not taken a long trip with them yet, but so far, they are more comfort and make the front end handling stiffer.

Update, I began to question my $$$ purchase. Were they really worth the money for what I needed them to do, raise and move back the bars, reduce my waist angle to reduce my hand discomfort when I ride. The removed and replaced them with the stock bars and my MBL up and back risers took a short ride. You can really feel the difference in the bike’s handling/ride and hand comfort. I think I will keep them and forget about how much I paid for them.
    Attachment 5387Attachment 5385Attachment 5386
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Clearly, royr, we both like things we can adjust. I notice you have the Madstad too! I'm still tweaking my bars and wind screen but it's getting pretty good already . Like you, I try not to think about the cost. The ability to fine-tune things definitely comes at a price .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Yes, if it helps make you comfortable, it is worth the $$$.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow