DUI convictions just got more expensive in NC
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DUI convictions just got more expensive in NC

DUI convictions just got more expensive in NC

"Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's about damn time. Those things are a menace.

If you use the roads you should have to pay your share of the taxes and fees for the use like everyone else does for cars and motorcycles.

That includes bicycles!

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    It's about damn time. Those things are a menace.

If you use the roads you should have to pay your share of the taxes and fees for the use like everyone else does for cars and motorcycles.

That includes bicycles!
    I agree, it doesn't, make me feel very safe knowing tha a person on a moped has no lic and no insurance and may be riding it because of a suspended or revoked lic for a DUI. If you are going to ride a motorized vehicle on a road, you should have to be insured and lic to do so.

They don't mess around with this stuff in Florida either; $5,000 and an automatic one year license suspension for the 1st offense.

And they even got the nerve to wave at you like they are riding a new Ultra classic CVO. I don't think it has been that many years ago they passed the law that you had to be at least 16 years old to have one. Then they passed the helmet law for them, also.

What really cracks me up, is that here in eastern NC they wear these custom painted full face Snell/DOT rated helmets like they are going for a new track record at Watkins Glenn as they bust down the highway at 30 mph, while the guys on Harleys are wanting to ride without helmets at 110 mph. It's a crazy world.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    They don't mess around with this stuff in Florida either; $5,000 and an automatic one year license suspension for the 1st offense.
    Hey, I heard that there is a saying in FL "Go there for the vacation, leave on probation" in reference to DWI on tourist?
    Never been there and don't drink so not a problem for me....just curious if DWI tickets are as big of a "cash cow" like here in CA, $5K 1st offense is cheap here, it most likely will be closer to $10K once everything is said and done. Third DWI in CA. can be prison time 18 months state penitentiary.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Yet it's perfectly legal in Florida to drink while you drive. As long as you're not over the legal limit, all is good.
    How oxymoronic is that?

First offense without injury or injuring another should be harsh for fine and suspended license. Second offense is permanent revocation of your license. You have proven beyond any doubt you have ignored your responsibility and do not deserve the privilege.

Injure another person and its jail time and 10 years without a license.

Laws as I see it in stroguyland.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Yet it's perfectly legal in Florida to drink while you drive. As long as you're not over the legal limit, all is good.
    How oxymoronic is that?
    No "open container" law in FL?????

No wonder you "snowbirds" are scared of all them gun toting, blue haired, gin drinking, 35 MPH freeway driving, old Floridians, they might .
    Attachment 13658

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

There is a "open container" law in FLA and No Bigbird you can not drive down the road and drink...I wish the fines were far higher...MAYBE some would slow down drinking and driving...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com