With the recent break in weather I managed to finally get the first 1k miles on the G-MAX. Like every other CT, I've used, it takes several tries at getting the tire pressure to the "sweet spot". In the case of the MAX that is 38-40 psi. Took several hundred miles of tuning the pressure from a low of 30 psi to the high of 42 psi. After a 300 mile run this past Sunday 39 psi is "golden" for my bike/rider combination. Other than visual checks of the thread I've not captures any tire temp data other than my hand on the tire. Not very scientific but that will change as the ambient temps increase and I shoot the tire with my trusty Laser Thermometer
My first impressions of this tire! So well is the handling, I'm about to order another one. The tire is as near neutral as a MT and has exceptional corner handling characteristics. It is smooth riding and the only flaw, if there is one, is the "squirm" encountered on "steel grate" bridge surfaces. Actually it is no worse than a MT.

On the 300 mile Sunday ride I was accompanied by a Harley ( two up), a M109R (solo with 240 rear MT) and GL1800 Wing (two up with OEM Stone). I had the lead position for the entire ride. The folks knew I was on a car tire and there was, needless to say, some sincere skepticism by those folks until the ride was over and they were shaking their heads as to how well my 6 handled. In all truthfulness, I could have pulled way in any of the corners we encountered but keep a nice civil pace out of concern for the poor folks on MT's My Brother-In Law who rode the Wing stated he's on his second set of tires in less than 10k miles. Being one of the biggest critics of Dark Side Riding, he's about to take the leap to a CT

More info later!

Ride Safe

Bob