F6B To The Dark Side - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: F6B To The Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    bob, you are going to run what you want so there is little to debate.

I have NO desire to fight with you about this topic.
    Then why would you even open this thread let alone post a giant tirade?

That was a rhetorical question. Please don't write another ten paragraph post of nonsense.

I particularly loved "Ghost Rider"

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Put me on second

Btw for some more interesting reading, Neil Peart the drummer for "Rush" also has a series of interesting books about his motorcycle adventures. He rides his BMW in between shows as he travels around the world.
    Any connection to your screen name?

I'm a huge Peart/Rush fan. Have seen their shows several times -always great!

Bob, and there in lies the problem. You read what you wanted to read and NOT what I posted. The weight or additional weight in and of itself is NOT a huge issue. What you didn't get was lateral force applied to the FD's bearings. So maybe before revisiting you should look into it some more.
    As I stated I have no interest in fighting over this with you. I am pretty sure some fella's with a whole lot more engineering experience than I have a better knowledge of what should not be done with the parts they designed. I'll leave it there.
    May your journeys all be safe......

Gumby, why would I not open this thread? I find it of some interest to see what folks are doing with their bikes. Why so defensive over opposing views?
    Obviously I am not going to change Bob's mind, nor was that my intention, but I did point out a few flaws in the DS argument. Won't make any difference to those who want to run DS, might for someone on the fence.

As for the "can't find any" DS failures? Didn't look too hard because there is one posted to youtube, and it was a wing.

Ride safe fella's.

Owner of Post #41

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Bob, and there in lies the problem. You read what you wanted to read and NOT what I posted. The weight or additional weight in and of itself is NOT a huge issue. What you didn't get was lateral force applied to the FD's bearings. So maybe before revisiting you should look into it some more.
    As I stated I have no interest in fighting over this with you. I am pretty sure some fella's with a whole lot more engineering experience than I have a better knowledge of what should not be done with the parts they designed. I'll leave it there.
    May your journeys all be safe......

Gumby, why would I not open this thread? I find it of some interest to see what folks are doing with their bikes. Why so defensive over opposing views?
    Obviously I am not going to change Bob's mind, nor was that my intention, but I did point out a few flaws in the DS argument. Won't make any difference to those who want to run DS, might for someone on the fence.

As for the "can't find any" DS failures? Didn't look too hard because there is one posted to youtube, and it was a wing.

Ride safe fella's.
    Once again "Thanks" for sharing that with me

As (your quote) "I didn't get what was"lateral force applied to the FD bearings", I'm giving you the podium so you can share your knowledge on this subject. Please explain it in layman terms so "I get it" along with all the other folks who are following this thread. I know you will clearly articulate the difference between the MT/CT lateral forces so there's no mistake on anyones part on this subject, which you raised as a issue. Thanking you, "Teach", from all of your inquisitive students. Were listening!

You Ride Safe Also

Teach

I couldn't find it on YouTube can u post a link ?
    I still putting it on my bike ! Just would like to see the video.
    I Have been riding the same roads Keeping track of my speeds
    So I can do a fair comparison When I change the tire.

Found this intense article on the web about CT vs MT.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...-rim-tire.html

"Ride Shiny Side Up"

No matter how wrong I think a car tire on a motorcycle is engineering wise, there are just too many successful darksiders, Honda, HD, and otherwise for me to say it's wrong. So I stand on the sideline for these discussions.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Found this intense article on the web about CT vs MT.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...-rim-tire.html

That is a remarkable article and worth reading by all cycle riders!

Thanks for bringing it to this post.

Bob

I saw a CT on a Victory Cross Country Tour today. I talked to the guy for a while cuz I'm really interested in the topic. He's been doing it for years. Loves it. Puts a ton of miles on bikes. He told me of a place locally that will install them so I'll be looking into it in the future. I only have 1200 miles on the new Stone right now.

IMG_0774.jpg

More Tire/Wheel Info

If you're not already confused
    http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7...el/Tires.shtml

The stock wheel on a F6B has a designation of "J 16M/CXMT5.00 DOT 13W" which is clearly on the back of the rim. The J designation is used for identifying most automotive rims. Something to remember when comparing MT/CT rims