6'2 and want to hear my radio

Thread: 6'2 and want to hear my radio

6'2 and want to hear my radio

Week two of my new F6B and love the ride. I've never owned a bike with a radio so I would like to take advantage of it. I'm not interested in staying completely out of the wind, I just want to keep enough off the front of my helmet to allow me to hear the radio around town. I'm looking at the baggershild 11 Inch sport shield. I've read some of the reviews on the forum. Anyone around my height 6'2 with a 34 inch inseam own the 11 inch? What are your thoughts? Like I said, I'm not interested in getting completely out of the wind, I just want to free my ears up a bit to hear my music around town. ie. 40-60mph.

Thanks all.
    Brew

I have the bagger shield on my bike ... it's great! ohh .. btw .. I'm 6'4
    Just what you're looking for .. when it's in lowered position .. great sound around 40/50 mph area ... if i'm on eway on longer trips .. i raise the shield to higher position and I'm good up until around 100 mph ..

Quote Originally Posted by brewcityf6b View Post
    Week two of my new F6B and love the ride. I've never owned a bike with a radio so I would like to take advantage of it. I'm not interested in staying completely out of the wind, I just want to keep enough off the front of my helmet to allow me to hear the radio around town. I'm looking at the baggershild 11 Inch sport shield. I've read some of the reviews on the forum. Anyone around my height 6'2 with a 34 inch inseam own the 11 inch? What are your thoughts? Like I said, I'm not interested in getting completely out of the wind, I just want to free my ears up a bit to hear my music around town. ie. 40-60mph.

Thanks all.
    Brew
    Insure you have the AVC for the speakers in the on position. The more noise you make wind or otherwise the volume will crank it up. I run a 13 in shield and seldom set the volume above 14.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    I have the bagger shield on my bike ... it's great! ohh .. btw .. I'm 6'4
    Just what you're looking for .. when it's in lowered position .. great sound around 40/50 mph area ... if i'm on eway on longer trips .. i raise the shield to higher position and I'm good up until around 100 mph ..
    Awesome. That's what I wanted to know. So you have the 11 inch sport shield or the 11-19 adjustable?

madstad

I am 5' 11", but have a long torso, lack of radio volume above 40 was driving me nuts.
    Tried the baggershield 11" set at 12.5", and it was an improvement, but still lacking. Put on madstad 11", and find myself turning radio down instead of up frequently.
    I liked the looks of klockwerx, but the reviews here were not all that numerous or favorable. On the other hand, madstad reviews are numerous and overwhelmingly positive. Worth the price in my book, but if you want dark smoke 11" baggershield, I can send you mine for 75.00 shipped. But the difference between the baggershield and madstad is huge regarding radio volume/clarity, and you can have have as much or as little wind as you want. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimsol1 View Post
    I am 5' 11", but have a long torso, lack of radio volume above 40 was driving me nuts.
    Tried the baggershield 11" set at 12.5", and it was an improvement, but still lacking. Put on madstad 11", and find myself turning radio down instead of up frequently.
    I liked the looks of klockwerx, but the reviews here were not all that numerous or favorable. On the other hand, madstad reviews are numerous and overwhelmingly positive. Worth the price in my book, but if you want dark smoke 11" baggershield, I can send you mine for 75.00 shipped. But the difference between the baggershield and madstad is huge regarding radio volume/clarity, and you can have have as much or as little wind as you want. Jim
    Thank you for the information Jim. PM sent!

I am 5-10 with 28 inseam I have a 18inch F4 Customs
    Ok he's done

6' 2" X 32" inseam! Before taking delivery of my 6, I had the dealer install the tall OEM Honda windshield with vent! One of the best options I installed. Using my I-Pod in the left saddlebag I have access to unlimited music/tunes. Like several have mentioned I keep the AVC engaged and rarely have to go above 15 on the volume indicator.

Thanks for the feedback all. I really want to stay with the look of the lower windshield so I'm going to give the Baggershield a shot. I'll post my thoughts after I install. Thanks Jim for selling me your shield.

Installed the baggershield today. (Thanks Jim) Perfect setup for me. Still has the shorter look but kept just enough wind off my ears that I can hear my stereo, even on the freeway. I'm quite happy. I was worried that I was going to lose that chopped look but I think it looks great.