To trunk...or not

Thread: To trunk...or not

To trunk...or not

I took the chopped tour pak off my bike and sold it to one of my Harley buddies. The F6 seemed to have lost some of it's swagger with it on. I have plenty of options for luggage, mainly my T-bag which happens to hold more than the pak anyway.

Cool

To each their own...I bought the F6 because of no pizza box ...but can see where it come in handy...so I bought a Bushtec!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    To each their own...I bought the F6 because of no pizza box ...but can see where it come in handy...so I bought a Bushtec!!!
    That's what I'm thinking too!

I like using a soft type bag that can be taken in to a motel room or where ever. This bag and the side bags held enough for the wife and I
    for the weekend.
    Attachment 5281

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    I like using a soft type bag that can be taken in to a motel room or where ever. This bag and the side bags held enough for the wife and I
    for the weekend.
    Attachment 5281
    Yessir, here's mine.

Thats one good lookin patch!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I like a top case to store some gear. I found one on the "Viking Bag" site with a spoiler. Added a small luggage rack from another site and tied into my light system. Mounted onto my luggage rack from Bike MP3. Have had a lot of compliments. It's smaller than a normal case and really ties in with the bike. Also provides a strong backrest for passengers. always have used a top case on my bikes and find this one simple and easy to adapt without adding a lot of weight.

I bought one of Dale's racks and have a HD tourpak I painted black. While most of my riding is fairly local, or maybe on overnight or two, sometimes I will take an extended week-long trip where it would be nice to bolt the trunk on. I havent mounted the trunk to the rack yet, but it doesn't seem like it will be too hard..

Quote Originally Posted by UTurn View Post
    I bought one of Dale's racks and have a HD tourpak I painted black. While most of my riding is fairly local, or maybe on overnight or two, sometimes I will take an extended week-long trip where it would be nice to bolt the trunk on. I havent mounted the trunk to the rack yet, but it doesn't seem like it will be too hard..
    When you go to mount this on any flat rack, go to Home depot or Lowes, and get a felt furniture pad that will fill the space under the middle of the HD tourpak. HD tourpaks when mounted on a flat surface, as opposed to a real HD rack, will leave a void under the center of the pak. The felt pad will fill this nicely and give it support in that area.