Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
Hey Slayer, Had to Google Advance NC. Yea i'm on the path for opening up the intake and exhaust, I'ts riding time, and i just don't want to open up the air box, 3+ hours in is not that appealing to me. might just wait until the fall. I came from Harley and the Power commander really opened up the v-twin. although we added an arlen ness big sucker and V/H pipes at the same time. My main gripe is i keep hitting the rev limit in first and second all the time. I have hit the top speed limit twice, but that was in backwoods Texas. Can't do that here.
This is nbr 3 GL1800 and nbr 1 was at 167,000 with open exhaust standard airbox. 42 MPG and 35 pulling bunkhouse trailer. Nbr 2 killed by Deer at 20.000 mi. Nbr 3 an F6B at 8,400 and running strong. Mileage appears a bit better, may be 62 lbs lighter and I also trimmed 50 lbs. Been said if you want your motorcycle to handle ( perform ) better, take some weight off. Nice thing it does not cost anything, rather that eating good food in place of fast food. See Ya.