How secure is F6B on side stand?

Thread: How secure is F6B on side stand?

How secure is F6B on side stand?

Company parking lot is not flat, and it's supposed to be windy tomorrow. Side stand is kind of puny compared to what I am used to, and holds the bike fairly upright. Is it possible to blow over a 850 lb bike?

[QUOTE=RoadWeary;28555]Company parking lot is not flat, and it's supposed to be windy tomorrow. Side stand is kind of puny compared to what I am used to, and holds the bike fairly upright. Is it possible to blow over a 850 lb bike?[/QUOTE

I would think it would take some major wind, as in wind I wouldn't want to be riding in, to blow it over. Uneven lots require that sidestand is on the downhill side when parked, and I always leave my bike in gear when using the sidestand.

I've never had an issue with my side stand. Always seems very sturdy.

Beagle

I recently had the same concern about the bike possibly blowing over. This F6B is sure a lot easier to lift off of the side stand than my Valk was.

I read on the goldwing forum that they have had their bikes blow over in heavy winds.

So, I parked with the front right side of the bike facing the oncoming wind, just in case. No problem that day.

The wind doesn't scare me too much, but a slight forward down hill needs to be avoided at all costs. or leave it in gear, the side stand does not lock in like a Harley so it will roll.

Does anyone sell a locking side stand for our bikes?

Richie

The wind, if forceful enough, could possibly blow the bike over but I doubt it would happen unless the winds were extremely high...Side stand is built to hold bike up without issues as far as I know...