Mustang seat report - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mustang seat report

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Same with me, back surgery because of two ruptured discs twenty years ago. Mustang, the best looking seat out there, but I don't think it will work for me.
    I Have herniated disc 4-5 need surgery, getting injections for the last year. I too was worried that the Mustang would be bad for me. My stock seat was okay and my street glide pretty good. I put 500 miles on yesterday mustang roll and tuck , and it felt great with the lower back support. The butt is not as soft as some but, it is totally comfortable for me.
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    I have always had good luck with Ultimate Seats on my Valkyries and looking forward to putting an Ultimate on my F6B next month.

Yep.....have owned three of them for my various bikes and loved them.....could ride all day only stopping for gas....no discomfort at all.

The description says it sits you back further from the handlebars. I'm stretching far enough now. Do you guys notice the seat sitting you back further?

I have to say the Mustang seat looks like it would do the trick if your main concern is being flat footed. I just spent $200 and sent my seat to Mean City Cycles, and I have to say I don't see much of a difference, at least not like I had hoped. I do notice a greater bend in my knees, but I'm definitely not flat footed. Thinking I may still eventually purchase the Mustang seat.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    The description says it sits you back further from the handlebars. I'm stretching far enough now. Do you guys notice the seat sitting you back further?
    It definitely pushed me back from the bars compared to stock. Part if it depends on how you sit in the seat. I sit all the way back against the seat so it did push me back. I also ended up installing helibars which allowed me to move the bars closer to me. The heli bars have probably been the single best improvement for overall comfort.

I had a hip replacement a couple of years back and the fact that the Mustang tuck & roll is a bit lower than the stock seat is the only thing holding me back from buying one. If Mustang had the same seat a bit higher it would be great.

Chris