New Ultimate seat is amazing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ultimate seat is amazing

New Ultimate seat is amazing

I have been riding motorcycles for almost 45 years and I can honestly say that no accessory has given me more happiness and comfort than the Ultimate Seat. I wasn't sure I was going to like it initially because it sat me a little higher than stock, but either I got used to it quickly or the seat got broken in and the increased height wasn't as noticeable. I really fell in love with it on a recent trip from Omaha to Austin. I rode 2500 miles in 4 days, including over 900 miles the first day and my backside was not only not sore, but it was in pure heaven. I have the Midrider seat with rider backrest as well as highway pegs to stretch out and lean back when needed. I am 5' 10" and the Midrider is perfect for me. It is made of high quality materials with attention to detail. It also looks much better in person than in pictures.

The only minor annoyance is that it isn't waterproof and you have to put on a rain cover when it rains. However, it works great as advertised. It is so comfortable that I sometimes go sit on it in the garage with my bike on it's center stand just to relax. For those of you looking for a new seat I can't give any higher praise or recommendation then for the Ultimate Seat.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I have the King version of this seat and love it! My only complaint would be is that I cannot use my rain cover. The front lip of the seat is so snug against the panel that I have to slide the cover back and forth to get it up under the lip.....the first time I tried to do this the abrasive material started to scratch the clear coat so now I just put a piece of plastic over it when I wash it. If I get caught in the rain when I'm riding hopefully it will stay dry and when I stop it's the plastic.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    I have been riding motorcycles for almost 45 years and I can honestly say that no accessory has given me more happiness and comfort than the Ultimate Seat. .
    Its nice when you can find something you like that much!

If it works, keep on workin it!!!

Ultimate Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I have the King version of this seat and love it! My only complaint would be is that I cannot use my rain cover. The front lip of the seat is so snug against the panel that I have to slide the cover back and forth to get it up under the lip.....the first time I tried to do this the abrasive material started to scratch the clear coat so now I just put a piece of plastic over it when I wash it. If I get caught in the rain when I'm riding hopefully it will stay dry and when I stop it's the plastic.
    Glad you like your Ultimate, I had them on both of my Valkyries. Regarding the King, did you find that it pushed you back considerably? I am a bigger guy as far as weight goes and per Des's website I should use the King. However I am about to purchase some risers because I want to bring the bars a little closer to me and if the seat pushes me back away from the bars I am concerned I will just pretty much end up where I started.

May I also ask a favor of you and have you post a few pictures? I haven't seen any Kings mounted on a bike yet. Did you get the backrest also? The stock back rest is pretty low and I want it to be more comfortable for my wife also. If anyone has any feedback on how their co-rider likes the Ultimate I would be interested to hear any impressions you may have to share.
    Thanks!

Dave,

The only bike my GF had ever rode on was my last Goldwing. When I got her on the back of a standard F6 demo it was a LLarge difference with nothing behind her at all. I wound up buying a deluxe so the stock backrest for her was better than none. Couple weeks later I bought a mid rider from Des with a passenger backrest that's also taller and now she is good to go....oh yeah, meetoo!

And bigdawg....

We will really put the mid rider to the test when we ride from Texas to NC in about a month to the VRCC ride in. I think it will work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Glad you like your Ultimate, I had them on both of my Valkyries. Regarding the King, did you find that it pushed you back considerably? I am a bigger guy as far as weight goes and per Des's website I should use the King. However I am about to purchase some risers because I want to bring the bars a little closer to me and if the seat pushes me back away from the bars I am concerned I will just pretty much end up where I started.

May I also ask a favor of you and have you post a few pictures? I haven't seen any Kings mounted on a bike yet. Did you get the backrest also? The stock back rest is pretty low and I want it to be more comfortable for my wife also. If anyone has any feedback on how their co-rider likes the Ultimate I would be interested to hear any impressions you may have to share.
    Thanks!
    Here are a couple of pics of the seat installed. I'm 6'3 300lbs and the seat is a great fit for my size. The distance it puts you back is barely noticeable to be honest. What is noticeable is the difference in height. I had just gotten my wind management under control after 4 windshields and now I'm getting hit with a little more wind. Not a big deal at all just an observation. No backrest for the rider here, only passenger. My girlfriend LOVES the seat! The backrest riser that Steve on this forum sells is a must, in the stock position the passenger backrest is useless and uncomfortable. I too will be getting risers but I am opposite of you as I want my bars a little further forward. With the seat sitting me back a little further, the comfort drop boards I just installed, and some forward risers this bike will have an ideal set up for someone my size.......I'm close! Just hit 4,000 miles and $7,000....just got the bike in June!!!! Lol.......

I took some close ups for ya Dave

I wish I had some pics before I bought mine but I had one of the first ones and none were available at the time. Hope this helps!

Thank you SO much for taking the time to get all those pictures taken. I am also going to the VRCC ride in and Des is bringing a set for me there but I really wanted to see what it looks like and what the co-riders impression of the seat was as well because my wife rides with me and I want her to be as comfortable as she was on my Valkyrie Interstate. I agree on the backrest height as well, will pick that up from Des also.

Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by LX2 View Post
    The only bike my GF had ever rode on was my last Goldwing. When I got her on the back of a standard F6 demo it was a LLarge difference with nothing behind her at all. I wound up buying a deluxe so the stock backrest for her was better than none. Couple weeks later I bought a mid rider from Des with a passenger backrest that's also taller and now she is good to go....oh yeah, meetoo!
    Look forward to seeing you and your beautiful bike at InZane.