New Ultimate seat is amazing - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Ultimate seat is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Here are a couple of pics of the seat installed. I'm 6'3 300lbs and the seat is a great fit for my size. The distance it puts you back is barely noticeable to be honest. What is noticeable is the difference in height. I had just gotten my wind management under control after 4 windshields and now I'm getting hit with a little more wind. Not a big deal at all just an observation. No backrest for the rider here, only passenger. My girlfriend LOVES the seat! The backrest riser that Steve on this forum sells is a must, in the stock position the passenger backrest is useless and uncomfortable. I too will be getting risers but I am opposite of you as I want my bars a little further forward. With the seat sitting me back a little further, the comfort drop boards I just installed, and some forward risers this bike will have an ideal set up for someone my size.......I'm close! Just hit 4,000 miles and $7,000....just got the bike in June!!!! Lol.......

Hello. Just the person I have been looking for. A fellow F6b rider that is part giant like myself. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. I am the same height as you and I was wondering if the seat gave your passenger a little more room? Also what windshield did you find works the nest for you. I put a slipstream 11 in on and the air hits me right in the eyes. Also have you tired the rivco pegs that go on the engine? Thanks

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADF6B View Post
    Hello. Just the person I have been looking for. A fellow F6b rider that is part giant like myself. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. I am the same height as you and I was wondering if the seat gave your passenger a little more room? Also what windshield did you find works the nest for you. I put a slipstream 11 in on and the air hits me right in the eyes. Also have you tired the rivco pegs that go on the engine? Thanks
    Unless your passenger is bigger than you there is plenty of room for both of you. The seat sits you back further which is helpful at our height. I have the Rivco highway pegs in the front most setting and they're perfect. My screen is an electric adjustable screen made by Ergomot. It adjusts electrically from 13 inches to 18 inches and is nothing short of awesome (if you can get past the price and installation). Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Unless your passenger is bigger than you there is plenty of room for both of you. The seat sits you back further which is helpful at our height. I have the Rivco highway pegs in the front most setting and they're perfect. My screen is an electric adjustable screen made by Ergomot. It adjusts electrically from 13 inches to 18 inches and is nothing short of awesome (if you can get past the price and installation). Hope this helps
    Sounds good. I ordered the pegs. I am still a little questionable about the seat though. My wife is tall and I would like for her to have a little more room as well as my self. Lol but we will see. Thanks for the info

At 6'0" tall, 32 inseam and at 235lbs the Ultimate website suggests that I go with the MidRider. Since I wanted to move back a bit (to open my bent legs a little more), I decided to go with the King set-up with both backrests. The passenger backrest is a must have and for me, I just wanted the option.

The seat came in and was mounted on the bike 2 days ago. The quality and style make for a really nice looking seat.

Sitting on the seat, I do find that it sets me back as I had gambled on. At the same time, it did raise me up or the seat is a hair wider than stock, which, in either case would make you feel like you were higher or your legs were shorter. With the new Ultimate seat, I can still stop flat footed. However, I do need to get up on the toes to back the bike up. It is not a problem but a notable observation.

I took the bike out for a 450 mile ride in the north country of NH and Maine. I travelled all kinds of roads with some BMW owners who seemed surprised that I kept up with them. I never felt challenged so I'm not sure what that says. The F6B handles real nice.

Some have posted that they thought the Ultimate seat was too soft. Having sat on an Ultimate "Big Boy" on a friends VTX1800 I'd say that the older version of the Ultimate was softer. Maybe it was broken in..........maybe they're using a different foam today. I found the new seat to work out just great for me. Comfortable enough to cruise (I like the driver backrest) and shaped so I can still move around in it when I want to man handle the bike in some turns.

These pics show my seat mounted. I only put those up because I ordered my seats "plain". I chose not to use the carbon fiber accent on the seat and backrests and use the same vinyl throughout.