My Mustang seat don't want to leave USA.....

Thread: My Mustang seat don't want to leave USA.....

My Mustang seat don't want to leave USA.....

Hello everybody,
    Here's is my Mustang seat story... i ordered to Powersports2go on Ebay a Mustang seat the 04/07 with an "available status" wrote on the advertise (which is not true cause after one month without any communication.... i contacted the seller and he answered me than Mustang company was in late and than he should receive my seat soon and send it to me...!!). Estimated receipt wrote on ebay advertise between the 03/19 and 04/04 !!!.The 04/16... i received a shipping info" sent by Fedex" with a tracking number. The 04/18 my parcel was stopped in the city of Erlanger in the Kentucky with a "delivered" status !!!The 04/20 message received from Ebay " Item cannot be delivered cause weight/size exceed the autorized limit" !!! Integral refunding via Paypal within 72 hours!! (when you are about to order your seat on Ebay you have the possibility to choose the country of shipping and to have a cotation for FRANCE so...!!??) I'm totally upset, it's a REAL SHAME! I've wait 1 and a half month to hear that, now what should i do?, go back to a new order and wait once more....!? Any help would be really appreciate, if somebody know a GOOD and SERIOUS supplier please let me know...
    Thanks

(1) When I bought a Mustang Seat for my Harley Davidson Road King Police, I bought it through Sargent Cycle Products. They were knowledgeable and helpful. I'm sure if you email them, they can tell you the truth about shipping the seat to France. (They also cost less than from Mustang.)

http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Seats

(2) Another option would be to buy directly from Mustang. Again, I'm sure they would speak truthfully abut shipping to France.

http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Seats

(3) or you could communicate with the guys at Value Accessories, they are forum members and forum sponsors. They, I'm sure, would also speak truthfully about shipping to France. (They also cost less than through Mustang.)

http://store.valueaccessories.net/mustangseats-3.aspx

All three would not charge you until the seat shipped, unlike Ebay where paypal charges you as soon as you purchase.

I just answered your PM.

They obviously did not put down the size of the box, just the weight for shipping information. Pretty hard to cheat the system, FedEx will stop it every time or give you a chance to pay more which they did not want to do.
    The size of the box is very large and can not be sent by the mail system. The cheapest is DHL and it is $315 to ship to France for that size box. A lot more can be put in the box with the seat to make the shipping more reasonable for the price. Price does not go up with more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by stéphane View Post
    Hello everybody,
    Here's is my Mustang seat story... i ordered to Powersports2go on Ebay a Mustang seat the 04/07 with an "available status" wrote on the advertise (which is not true cause after one month without any communication.... i contacted the seller and he answered me than Mustang company was in late and than he should receive my seat soon and send it to me...!!). Estimated receipt wrote on ebay advertise between the 03/19 and 04/04 !!!.The 04/16... i received a shipping info" sent by Fedex" with a tracking number. The 04/18 my parcel was stopped in the city of Erlanger in the Kentucky with a "delivered" status !!!The 04/20 message received from Ebay " Item cannot be delivered cause weight/size exceed the autorized limit" !!! Integral refunding via Paypal within 72 hours!! (when you are about to order your seat on Ebay you have the possibility to choose the country of shipping and to have a cotation for FRANCE so...!!??) I'm totally upset, it's a REAL SHAME! I've wait 1 and a half month to hear that, now what should i do?, go back to a new order and wait once more....!? Any help would be really appreciate, if somebody know a GOOD and SERIOUS supplier please let me know...
    Thanks

Hello Miramiramira and Rickw,
    thanks very much for your help.
    Now i know more about what happened to my parcel and about the possibilities to order a new seat
    Rickw i received your PM and answered

Quote Originally Posted by stéphane View Post
    Hello everybody,
    Thanks
    Thats because the shipper on E-bay used the E-bay Global Shipping Program.If the shipper sent it straight to your address and not use the Global Shipping Program there would not be a problem.I use the program with E-bay and everything gets processed at the Erlanger/Kentucky address.He needs to ship it straight to you by a carrier that can handle a box that size
    Ride it like you stole it

Thanks for the info F6B-RICH