Anyone mount the farkle shelf on a Madstad - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone mount the farkle shelf on a Madstad

In town the detector would have probably been going off well in advance of getting me. I would have slowed and looked for the posted limit as opposed to day dreaming while enjoying the ride. Almost every ticket I've gotten, has been in town as opposed to the highway. BTW, my wife says I seem to enjoy a good strip search.

Reviving this thread...has anyone mounted the farkle shelf on a Madstad???
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    If I got that much shit on my dash, I'll take my car. Where does this madness end!!!!
    ^^ +1 it would take 3 minutes to check every piece of equipment.

Madstad shelf

You could almost put a big screen TV on that

I've been thinking about getting one lately for the GPS, TPMS, and radar detector.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I've been thinking about getting one lately for the GPS, TPMS, and radar detector.
    Well, I can let you know pretty soon on how the Farkle Shelf Mini works with the Madstad. No one else seems to be offering any advice so it appears I will be the "test subject". Seems to be little doubt it can be mounted on the Madstad base but exactly what is required remains to be seen. I'll give a report when finished.

If anyone is curious about why this might be a good idea (and this is just for my personal application)...between my stiffer Traxxion Dynamics forks, fork brace, and HeliBars, my front has increased rigidity which makes handling considerably more precise. That's the good news. The bad news, if you want to call it that, is anything mounted to my bars shakes and vibrates a bit more than usual. As a result, I'm transferring all devices like GPS, XM radio, and radar detector to the shelf. I'll probably mount my action cam there as well.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Well, I can let you know pretty soon on how the Farkle Shelf Mini works with the Madstad. No one else seems to be offering any advice so it appears I will be the "test subject". Seems to be little doubt it can be mounted on the Madstad base but exactly what is required remains to be seen. I'll give a report when finished.

If anyone is curious about why this might be a good idea (and this is just for my personal application)...between my stiffer Traxxion Dynamics forks, fork brace, and HeliBars, my front has increased rigidity which makes handling considerably more precise. That's the good news. The bad news, if you want to call it that, is anything mounted to my bars shakes and vibrates a bit more than usual. As a result, I'm transferring all devices like GPS, XM radio, and radar detector to the shelf. I'll probably mount my action cam there as well.
    Advice for the farkle shelf is to place you device(s) mounts as close to the windshield as possible. Any mounts out on the edge of the shelf is going to vibrate.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    Advice for the farkle shelf is to place you device(s) mounts as close to the windshield as possible. Any mounts out on the edge of the shelf is going to vibrate.
    Makes sense. Thanks for that tip, Kevin!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Hey Hornblower, Farkle? Is that something you get after eating Popcorn?........................Dickie

Ken (Hornblower)