Blinded by the light.....I'm almost embarrased

Thread: Blinded by the light.....I'm almost embarrased

Blinded by the light.....I'm almost embarrased

Got my LED light mounted and wired. Mine is a Galls unit, very similar to the Wheelen. I have the flash pattern set to "obnoxious" . It may be a little much, but after a ride, I noticed the vehicles behind me at stop lights had stopped a car length behind me. I'll probably go with the steady on when brake is on, or the simple single flash. I can't help but get the feeling that I'm inviting a "traffic stop" with the current mode.

"Gosh, officer, did it change from the steady on where I set it? I'll check it as soon as I get home!"

I know what you mean, hiflyer Early on, I was talking to another guy in the group, saying how I was concerned that my Whelen TIR3 would "irritate" cagers sitting behind me at a stop light. He brought me back to the real world by reminding me that at least they were less likely to rear end me. And, that's the main point, right? To be conspicuous is what it's all about when we're on a bike. That's why I have added "obnoxious" lights to both front and rear of my bike and I'm making no apologies about it
    Ken (Hornblower)