Best/Worst of the F6B - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best/Worst of the F6B

The windshield was worthless and the saddlebag thing was a pain, but both were very easily fixed so they don't count.

The worst 3 things are the paint, the dealers attitude about the paint and the lack of cruise.

The best are the comfort, power and handling. The looks are pretty great too.

Grinding foot pegs a problem? you want to ride a sport bike, buy a sport bike. Try riding that hard on anybody else's cruiser/tourer.

fl1madmax

Lightbulb easy to make bags unlock

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    For me coming off of a Harley, I like the quiet smooth power without spending thousands to get it to "run right"

the worst for me are:
    foot position, ( still getting used to it from forward controls)
    No Cruise control
    Having to use the ignition key to unlock the bags
    Piss poor paint!

I do like this bike a lot.
    I just saw how to fix bag locking, get extra Key made and cut off head, get Honda rubber radio Knob, glue Key in radio knob after
    you put slice in it and always leave it in back, just turn knob every time you want to open bags! Great Idea, you can also make one for Glove box if
    you havent already chenged it out for Karyakan glove box replacement I love mine, JB

The good....handles like a sport bike after you dial in the rear shock. All day riding - no problem and tons of torque which allows the rider to improve his/her riding technique with minimal effort.

The bad...paint is poor quality for the price of the bike, color selection sucks and needs a cruise control option.

The UGLY is the windscreen. Simply too short to be of any useful value for serious riders. Replaced mine with a National Cycle aftermarket. Added the air vent and chopped out the center slot. Used the stock screen for a template to drill new mounting holes to lower the screen 3 inches lower than the previous lowest position. Now the visual is "over" the top of the screen and it is high enough to move the bugs and air over my body but the helmet and rider view is unobstructed for more spirited riding. The air vent was a must in the summer heat of Texas.
    Ride safe my friends.
    Mike Neal
    East Texas

Quote Originally Posted by mike neal View Post
    The good....handles like a sport bike after you dial in the rear shock. All day riding - no problem and tons of torque which allows the rider to improve his/her riding technique with minimal effort.

The bad...paint is poor quality for the price of the bike, color selection sucks and needs a cruise control option.

The UGLY is the windscreen. Simply too short to be of any useful value for serious riders. Replaced mine with a National Cycle aftermarket. Added the air vent and chopped out the center slot. Used the stock screen for a template to drill new mounting holes to lower the screen 3 inches lower than the previous lowest position. Now the visual is "over" the top of the screen and it is high enough to move the bugs and air over my body but the helmet and rider view is unobstructed for more spirited riding. The air vent was a must in the summer heat of Texas.
    Ride safe my friends.
    Mike Neal
    East Texas
    I don't see a windshield for the F6B on National's website. Did you buy a regular Goldwing windshield and drill it to fit?

Cool

I just bought a Honda tall shield for the trip to Franklin...I have the Bagger 17... and wanted taller for the trip...hope this helps...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I just bought a Honda tall shield for the trip to Franklin...I have the Bagger 17... and wanted taller for the trip...hope this helps...

Yes, but..........there are 36 days left before the start of the gathering in Franklin, so......you have more than enough time to change it out a couple more times.

That is true Miles...my issue is it will not stop raining...so tinkering with the bike is almost as good as riding the bike...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com