Best/Worst of the F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst of the F6B

Quote Originally Posted by bigdew View Post
    Likes- Engine, Power, Smoothness, Handling

Dislikes-Paint, To low ground cleareance ( Im killing my pegs and belly pan), All the keys needed to open everything.
    I would have to say that there is something wrong with your one particular bike, if you are killing your pegs and belly pan. Mine has over 7000 miles on it now, and I have not scraped my pegs once, and have not even scratched my belly pan. What are you running over ?

Let's see...three best and three worst things...OK, I'll play

Best thing: The power and smoothness

Worst thing: The paint on the side panels scratches from even being touched. This is a problem when you do things like check oil, maintain battery, etc.

Best thing: The handling. The low CG makes it feel like a much lighter bike than it actually is. It's a joy to ride.

Worst thing: The paint on the saddlebags. You have to touch them to close them, and they wind up with tons of surface scratches, some of which are impossible to get out.

Best thing: The look. What a beautiful bike!

Worst thing. The paint overall, and the treatment I'm getting from my local dealer (Honda Powersports of Marysville, Oh). It's a constant runaround. I've taken the bike in multiple times, and get everything from "we really don't see a problem" to "we can't help you without a case number from Honda."

Handling, excellent, like a slightly overweight sport bike. Maybe I'm the only thing that's slightly overweight
    No doubt, the looks are killer (windshield included). Can't count the number of compliments I've received.

Don't particularly like:
    Rear brake. It could be me, but depending on how applied, the rear isn't as consistent as the front brake
    Almost too quiet... What? I can pull into my parking lot at work and without trying to, sneak up on people when I'm parking
    The windshield. I know, it's part of the allure, but not pleasant on longer rides.

scraping

Miles- Im not running over anything. Its just when cornering. Almost every other corner I take im scraping pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I would have to say that there is something wrong with your one particular bike, if you are killing your pegs and belly pan. Mine has over 7000 miles on it now, and I have not scraped my pegs once, and have not even scratched my belly pan. What are you running over ?
    I agree!!! I don't have as many miles on my bike as Miles does but I have only scraped a peg once.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Maybe he rides a little more Aggressively than you ??? Just sayin.

I'll drag a foot peg from time to time in the twisties if I'm really getting after it. I got one good today ripping thought the Salt River Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    Like - Engine, Handling, ABS Brakes

Dislike - Stock Windshield, Paint (it is typical of black), Have to use key for saddle bags.

Truth is I can live with the shortcomings as the strong points of this bike really overshadow the shortcomings.

I love my F6B and am fascinated by the number of compliments from non-riders and riders of all types of bikes.

The funniest was a mother and her young son who approached me at Starbucks and trhe kid asked me if I was Batman!!!! I've also had 3 other people tell me that the bike "looks like something Batman would ride". Very cool!!!
    ABS Brakes??

The Great White North riders get ABS.

O
    Sucks for me