Any thoughts on the new Valkyrie? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on the new Valkyrie?

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    The Valk is muscle for a honda product- a harley product- a triumph product- an Indian product- well, you get the idea.

The valk is a power cruiser, and one of the best. Most don't call a diavel a cruiser or the v-max for that matter.

But opinions vary.

Can't wait to see what the valk does the 1/4 mile in.
    My reference to the Duc was in the styling dept. The Valk and the Duc are both "over the top" in that regard, and I like em both.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Saw a couple at Honda of Houston last weekend. The blue is a nice color. It's 'different' looking, and the tank/rads do give you a 'fuggin humongous' sensation at tank level.

The display is pretty cool. Got a nice tone to the pipes,,,

Most certainly a greater sensation of speed w/o fairing/shield.

I had a VTX1800c,,, Powerful bike,,, When I bought it, I didn't want no dayum windshield, no dayum bags,,,

And after a while,,,, Yep,,,, Bolted all that chit on it,,,,

After that, it looked like a VTX1800c with chit bolted to it,,,

Been buying 'baggers' ever since.

Good write Cool Hand Luke

I have read that naked versions of solidly built bikes sell very well in the EU and not at all in The US. But, the US has a small and avid group of riders that will buy minimalist versions of well designed drivetrains. I missed the point, I had a Valkyrie Std, Tourer, and Interstate. It was the Std I missed when I moved on to other things. Yes, I will buy a Valkyrie at the end of the year. And, if I can help myself, I will not add much to it. I will see it for what it is and not spend a lot of money ruining it. It is a F6 with just what you need to get there, and no more. IMHO

I think it be ugggggglllllyyyyyy!

The front of the bike bold and different but as you work your way towards the rear, it's as if the design department was running out of ideas.
    I had read a artical in the local paper about the Valkyrie, and one of the last statments was the as a option ABS was offered for another $1000!!! Now if this is true What the hell!?!??!!

Sat on the F6C Valkyrie

Well the bike arrived in UK dealers two days ago, I have just got back from my local dealer where I managed to swing a leg over! Unfortuanately no test rides are available, very few of the bikes have made it to the UK and only in Red, not a Black one to be seen.
    First impressions are that I like the seating position and reach to bars and pegs, even the looks of the bike grew on me and it is something I could live with............however, from a practical point of view this bike has many flaws.
    To access the battery you have to remove the passenger seat, it is fixed from underneath by bolts. Then you have to remove two screws to take off the riders seat, then the battery can be accessed. OK this is not too much of an issue, how often do you need to access the battery I hear you cry.......Wait a minute, what if you wish to remove the rear wheel. First you do the above and remove the seats, then the rear grabrails (I would think this would be an issue if you have the accessories fitted that bolt to the grabrails). Next comes the rear mudguard (fender to you), followed by the rear plate bracket. Then you can undo the wheel bolts and remove the wheel.
    Not forgetting that before you do any of this you either have to hoist the bike up or put it on a lift, there being no centre stand and I am not sure that the Goldwing one will fit due to different wheel sizes. Oh and you cannot lay the bike over because there are no rear crashbars. If you follow the riders manual the above description is the way to do it.
    If I have got this wrong or you know of a different way to remove the rear wheel please let me know, because I really like this bike, but for now I will continue with my F6B as it is more practical.

According to the owners manual it looks like you are right about the rear wheel removal. However, for battery access you just pull off the left side cover that is attached with 3 prongs and grommets just like the F6B. No tools required. As far as seat removal it is easier than the F6B seat removal in my opinion.

IMHO....ABS should at most be a $500 option and they are making money at that price!!!! Afew years from now the EPA will make it a requirement!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Guy in a riding club I belong to got a 6 before me, actually last fall. In a Facebook post yesterday he alluded to the fact that he had sold his Vegas and got another bike. Met w/him today for a club ride and his new bike is a blue Valkyrie. Still has the black 6, wife did not want him to were it out cause she likes to ride on the back, so she gave him the ok to get another bike, what a woman !! He loves both the Valk and the 6, and who wouldn't.

Battery

Thanks Bigdawg for the corrected information regarding battery access.
    Do you know if the Goldwing centre stand will fit the Valkyrie? There does not appear to be one listed as an accessory and I think that the different wheel sizes may be a problem. Any thoughts?
    How are you getting on with the bike, how does the performance and fuel consumption compare with the F6B.