Any thoughts on the new Valkyrie? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any thoughts on the new Valkyrie?

I haven't seen any mention of a center stand either. I don't think it would work unless you have exhaust pipes shaped to accept the center stand in the up position like the F6B. I don't know about gas mileage yet because I've only filled up once after 180 miles and I'm not sure how much the dealership had put in it. I'm expecting the gas mileage to be about the same or a little better than the F6B because of the lower weight. The tank is .5 gallons smaller than the F6B so I expect needing to fill up every 190-200 miles depending on speed and driving situation.

I love the bike more every time I ride it. I have read a few articles that mention the firm suspension that can occasionally be harsh over bumpy rides. Don't believe them. What they don't know or don't mention is that Honda's factory setting on the preload is "18 clicks" from the lowest/softest setting. I turned the preload 9 clicks softer and it is now a more comfortable luxurious ride. The "firm seat" also seams to have gotten softer after approximately 150 miles and lowering the preload may have helped that as well. Now it may be one of the most comfortable stock seats I have ever had. The throttle has less of a spring or tension than the F6B and is much easier on the hand and wrist. I haven't noticed the engine hesitation when the engine is cold that is mentioned on the Goldwings and F6Bs. It definitely feels more sporty and muscular than the F6B and I find it more fun to ride--at least on short trips. I owned the newer version of the Vmax and enjoy the Valkyrie much much more. It does not have the scary as hell acceleration of the Vmax, but it still thrills and is much more smooth and refined. It also seems to have the potential of being a long distance touring bike depending on how the future accessories turn out. That was not very practical for the Vmax since it was not very comfortable and had such a small gas tank that you were looking for a gas station every 100 miles.

I really like the new Valk a lot, I'll probably pick one up later this year around christmas time. I want the blue one with the blacked out trim. Then I'm putting a windshield and some softbags and a passenger backrest and she'll be ready to go anywhere.