Foot Controls - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foot Controls

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    The Firstgear 'mesh low' shoes were on my short list,,,

I need to add I'm already 'fully equipped' with winter/Waterproof boots. I'm also a fair-weather rider who typically stays within a days ride of home. Very seldom do I get caught in the rain.

What I need ~now~ is something for HOT HOT HOT weather. The fairing keeps a lot of the air off ya,,, Excellent in winter, but 'a little more breeze' would be nice in triple digit heat,,, My feet tend to catch 'some' air with the mini-boards tilted down, so I'm hoping mesh will help my toes/feet shed some body heat,,,

The TCX's eventually got the nod over the Firstgears as they appear to have more mesh, larger ankle / arch protection areas, and better ankle support.

Elroy,,, 26 y.o., 6-1,, 250???? Why,,, you're just a svelte young man!!! I'm 6-0 and haven't seen the 200's since 19somethingorother!! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    The Firstgear 'mesh low' shoes were on my short list,,,

I need to add I'm already 'fully equipped' with winter/Waterproof boots. I'm also a fair-weather rider who typically stays within a days ride of home. Very seldom do I get caught in the rain.

What I need ~now~ is something for HOT HOT HOT weather. The fairing keeps a lot of the air off ya,,, Excellent in winter, but 'a little more breeze' would be nice in triple digit heat,,, My feet tend to catch 'some' air with the mini-boards tilted down, so I'm hoping mesh will help my toes/feet shed some body heat,,,

The TCX's eventually got the nod over the Firstgears as they appear to have more mesh, larger ankle / arch protection areas, and better ankle support.

Elroy,,, 26 y.o., 6-1,, 250???? Why,,, you're just a svelte young man!!! I'm 6-0 and haven't seen the 200's since 19somethingorother!! LOL!!

Either you're calling me fat and bragging about your thinness, or warning me of my future Thanks for the info Scot!

Update

Well to update this thread, took the plunge and ordered the Kury mini-boards w/ the comfort drop. Going to tilt the boards forward and see how the clearance is. Ideally I'd like to install the boards with a standard adapter to get back that 3/4" from the drops but we'll see if the clearance will allow for that. Figured I'd try this configuration before getting a board/heel-toe setup and/or buying new footwear. If I can run with the standards I'll be sure to post the comfort drops to the classifieds.

Thanks everyone for their input!

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Thanks for the input Marc. I'd love to have this same setup, but the distance between rider foot position and passenger foot position seems less than what I am used to and don't know if the full length boards will make that space too cramped. I ride two-up probably 95% of the time. (the wife probably likes riding more than I do!) Do you ride two-up much? Any problems with the full length? Thanks again.
    I also have installed this one, for my wife. She is happy and I have no problem with it, does not come my way. Just need to make sure you don't leave your feet on the floor when you drive away, that's the only time I got in contact with it.

Attachment 5463

Quote Originally Posted by MarcPW View Post
    I also have installed this one, for my wife. She is happy and I have no problem with it, does not come my way. Just need to make sure you don't leave your feet on the floor when you drive away, that's the only time I got in contact with it.

Attachment 5463
    And you had to buy a separate adapter to install to the passenger peg correct?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Either you're calling me fat
    Well, I'm north of 300 lbs, so I can't call ya fat!!!

And you had to buy a separate adapter to install to the passenger peg correct?
    No, no adaption needed. I took a (poor) picture just to show you the space.
    Attachment 5469

I've got the full Kuryakyn board setup...

Drivers and passenger on my F6, swapped it all out in the parking lot when I traded my wing. To me it's too functional and comfortable (and $$$$$) to let go. Heck if I didn't like it on the F6 I still had Valkyrie parts to use. But for my size 9 feet, it works.

Elroy my advise is to ride the bike stock for awhile before you make changes. Put some miles on it before deciding what to modify. Heck, I put up with the useless stock windshield for several months before getting another.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
    Elroy my advise is to ride the bike stock for awhile before you make changes. Put some miles on it before deciding what to modify. Heck, I put up with the useless stock windshield for several months before getting another.
    For the most part that is what I am doing. But the foot control situation needed mod'd real quick as I was cursing myself with the accidental upshift and no clutch as my boot was under the shifter and I was not aware. The loud 'clunk' was not a pleasant sound on my new f6.