Numb Butt
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Numb Butt

Numb Butt

Ok Guys I just returned from a great trip. Had a wonderful time and actually didn't get rained on once. The only problem I experienced was a Numb Butt about 7/8 of the trip. I know many of you say the stock seat is great. Well I experienced that after about 100 miles or so the next 400 miles a day suck. Even with stopping every 180 to 200 miles for fuel it stays numb for most of the ride. I used Hotel towels under me and every thing else I could think of. So anyway the stock seat has to go. Problem is I've only ridden on Corbin and a Custom made seat in my 35 years of riding. But the last Corbin I had wasn't that comfy. With the Russel Day my tippy toes just barely touch the ground and it makes me sit up higher than I like. I know many of you have purchased the Mustang Trippers. How are they for long trips? Anybody been on long saddle times with them? Will the Utopia Back rest work with them?
    Please guys I really need your input to try an avoid the potential possibility of spending a small fortune trying to find the correct seat for this bike. I brag about how fantastic this bike is all the time. Always puts a smile on my face, Except on this last trip. It actually got to the point that I dreaded the next days ride. I'm still sore. Suppose to return to KY. at the end of the month. Got to get something before then......I'll try to get some photos up Of the Klock Werks raising in a couple days..................Dickie

Numb Butt

Just got back from trip from Charleston, SC to Deals Gap, NC which is about a 6 hour ride, and no numb butt on my Mustang seat. Very happy with the back support and ride.

Must be your butt?
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Must be your butt?
    Yes, My wife tells me everyday that my Butt is Special! Numb Too. Lol.........Dickie

+1 on the Mustang…no issues all the way to the Keys!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Why does the RDL make you stand on your tippy toes? I have a ~31~ inseam and mine doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Why does the RDL make you stand on your tippy toes? I have a ~31~ inseam and mine doesn't.
    Perhaps the one I sat on wasn't made for me. But he had the same inseam as me. I could only flat foot one foot and tippy toe the other.30" 265lbs

have you tried the AirHawk seat cushion?
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    have you tried the AirHawk seat cushion?
    I would prefer a proper comfortable seat. But may try a cushion for the end of the month trip till I find the correct seat..Dickie

i got the airhawk for long/desert riding with v-twins, but it is comfortable on long hauls anywhere, and when i don't need it, i just deflate it and store it

it's not a cure-all, but it is a handy option
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map