Numb Butt - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Numb Butt

Numb Butt

You may try the cushion at Walmart not to costly but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I know most of you have ridden big bikes before like Wings and HD's but I been on smaller bikes 700cc range. The stock seat is heaven compared to those older seats. I don't slide, I sit comfortable on a cushy seat. Instead of having support on part of my fat ass the F6B seat supports the whole trunk!
    +1, I did 660 miles last Sunday on the stock seat. Won't say I never felt a hot spot but no numbness. On the other hand, every seat I tried on my Multistrada left me begging for mercy after 250 miles or so.

12 hour days for me on the stock seat last year on an 11 day trip amd not an issue with numb butt or sore back.
    Best stock seat I have ever had and makes it hard for me to justify changing it.

Beagle

Air Hawk Cushion is great

I have been using one for number of years. In my opinion these are the best. They use medical technology, same as used for patients in wheelchairs, which consists of air cells that are interconnected. The cushion only needs very little air so it raises seat height for less than an inch. It also adds more air flow at your bottom so less sweating. The material used is breathable and not sticky to the skin.

Here is a picture of mine:

Attachment 5488

I have since added Mustang seat, which I think is much nicer than stock. I continue to use the cushion as it increases my saddle time. My cushion is several years old but looks like new. It is a bit smaller than F6B seat as it was bought for a different bike but still works for me. They do make bigger ones.

I hope this helps.

Not to change the subject but ....

is anyone using beaded seat cushions? I understand that these help the blood flow to the butt area and also let air under the beads to help you stay cool.

like this: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Beadr.../dp/B0052LQQFK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

[QUOTE=stepbill;29493]is anyone using beaded seat cushions? I understand that these help the blood flow to the butt area and also let air under the beads to help you stay cool.

Those beaded seats are for people
    Ride it like you stole it

I am "old people"..74 this year, and tried one of the beaded seat cushions on my Victory Vision...Terrible, terrible, terrible, for me..Could not trash it soon enough....As I said on an earlier post, all butts are different, as we know, but my stock seat works for me and I cannot justify the expensive of a custom seat right now..I usually don't ride more than 150 miles at a time these days so I am good to go!!!

Mustang Seat

Dickie,

I have a Mustang seat on my F6 and will say that it is firmer than the stock seat but not quiet as firm as the corbin that I tried out. While the mustang does provide some back support, a drivers back rest will not work with the mustang. My longest day on the seat so far is about 400 miles, I didnt have any issues with numbness on my trip.

Scott

Most of my road trips are two up and the seat bothers me some.Riding solo to ohio 650 miles I could move around on seat with no problem.Very comfortable.
    Just added kury ergo 2's where I could put my legs out or on top of pegs has seamed to make all the difference in the world on the seat issue.

custom seat

Every new motorcycle I own....the very first thing I do is get a RICK MAYER custom seat! RICK is the best!

Did a IBA Border to Border in September on my Rick Mayer.....comfortable the whole way.