Numb Butt - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Numb Butt

Russell Day Long

There is a reason Russell is a few months behind; they just plain work! I have had several and they are good for 1000 mile days. If you are worried about an increase in seat height they offer a "sport seat" that retains stock height. I had one on my Suzuki B-King and it was just as good as the standard day long that I had on ST1300, K1200GT and F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    There is a reason Russell is a few months behind; they just plain work! I have had several and they are good for 1000 mile days. If you are worried about an increase in seat height they offer a "sport seat" that retains stock height. I had one on my Suzuki B-King and it was just as good as the standard day long that I had on ST1300, K1200GT and F6B.
    Let's say that I procrastinated over the winter on the RDL, I've had several myself. If the Ultimate I have coming doesn't work, I've got an extra stock seat to send off. That said, after today's 500 mile ride to visit some more grandkids, (I've got 8) I won't be taking any more trips on the stock seat. I was miserable on the way home. The bugs are out in full force but I amazed how easy this liquid glass prepped bike is to clean.

Thank you Guys for all the Suggestions. Thank you Phantom for the Phone call with a suggestion. May seem funny but I rode to St. Augustine Fl. about a two hour ride from my house with bubble wrap under my tush. It worked pretty darn good. Never got numb Butt. So I purchased an AirHawk for the trip to KY this weekend. Thank you guys for suggesting it. 30 years of riding and I'd never heard of Airhawk. I think this will do until I decide on what brand and type seat I will purchase.....................Dickie

Ok I drive truck from a living average about 500 plus a day numb butt is my enemy. When I'm on my F6B I'm in heaven. Many trips of 400 miles a day zero numb butt on a stock seat. Only been riding for Over 45 yrs best seat ever. An I've had over 30 bikes. Only saying it works for me.

+1 Mustang Seat ... Last weekend ... I did 800+ miles non stop from Chesterfield, VA to Chicago, IL .... 11 hours ... no numb butt ..

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    Ok I drive truck from a living average about 500 plus a day numb butt is my enemy. When I'm on my F6B I'm in heaven. Many trips of 400 miles a day zero numb butt on a stock seat. Only been riding for Over 45 yrs best seat ever. An I've had over 30 bikes. Only saying it works for me.
    You want to trade seats?.............Dickie

No I think I'll keep mine its so nice