Black Highway Pegs... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black Highway Pegs...

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    Hey Hook,

Which version of the Kuryakyn Ergo is that, II or III? They look really good on your bike!

Please advise...Thanks!
    Sorry for me being so slow to respond There powder coated because nobody had black ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Sorry for me being so slow to respond There powder coated because nobody had black ones.
    Thanks Hook...so these are Kury Arms and Ergo II's you sent out to have powder coated black, correct?
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Hook...so these are Kury Arms and Ergo II's you sent out to have powder coated black, correct?
    Yes! Kind of expensive Cost me about $200+ for the pegs and $100 for powder coating

The black Mick-O-Pegs will cost more than that but I have them on my Wing and I really like them, I think I will have to get a set for my F6B.
    Jakec

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I'm "wishfully thinking" the Ergo 3's might extend a little farther rearward than the 2's did,

I don't need or want a 'straight leg' position,,, Just a 'different' location slightly ahead of OEM.

I'd be happy with a peg/board just outboard of the rear edge of the valve cover.

Basically, in the 'general vicinity/slightly lower than' the mick-o's on D-sharks 6 when its in the upright position:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2...026_112308.jpg

Scotrod,

FYI, the Mick-O-Pegs on my bike are available in 3 different models KA, KD & KL. I have the KA where the peg is approximately 6" off the riding surface when extended. The other two models are approximately 8" and 9" above the riding surface when extended. They also have other styles that offer quite a few different peg positions.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yeppers, I've seen the riding/wonderful site. No shortage of choices.

I have a 30 inseam. Seems like all the 'highway pegs' are for longer legs. 'Stretching out' is not my goal. 6-10 inches ahead of OEM is all I'd ever need.

Might need the 'short guy' version of the Mick-o's,,, I hear they also have a version you can used to mount aftermarket pegs on. Kinda fond of the Kury mini boards.

fl1madmax

Revco Pegs Black Satin, Powder Coated...

Hey Hook,

Which version of the Kuryakyn Ergo is that, II or III? They look really good on your bike!

Please advise...Thanks!
    Now that there right color I love them !Revco Pegs Black Powder Coat Satin 008.jpg

I'm still trying to decide on which pair of black cruising pegs to go with. Here is a question for the forum riders whom have any brand installed...on my 2001 Valkyrie Interstate I had Kuryakin Chromed Pilot Pegs mounted and during the Summer months having your legs up by the 1500 Fat Ladies Jugs you could fry a leg quickly. Are there similar issues with the F6B's 1800 engine case?

Any information is greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

I'm still trying to decide on which pair of black cruising pegs to go with. Here is a question for the forum riders whom have any brand installed...on my 2001 Valkyrie Interstate I had Kuryakin Chromed Pilot Pegs mounted and during the Summer months having your legs up by the 1500 Fat Ladies Jugs you could fry a leg quickly. Are there similar issues with the F6B's 1800 engine case?

Any information is greatly appreciated!!!

I used my Rivco highway pegs thru the summer months and I had no problem with heat of the motor frying a leg.I am over 6 feet tall so my legs are spread and I usually have them away from the engine.Now on a shorter rider your legs might be more straight and closer to the engine and may fell more heat if any.
    Ride it like you stole it