new tire time...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new tire time...

new tire time...

so i just rolled up on 19000 miles and summer is coming up fast
    Im ready for tires so it looks like most guys either have not racked up enough miles for tires or just use the bridgstones from honda
    I realize since this is my first goldwing I may get flamed for this so here goes
    Im not comfortable with the dark side option,i believe car tires go on cars
    does either dunlop elites3 or michelien have a better option?
    i ride freeway every day a lot of straight line stuff but am looking for the best overall tire experience
    im asking for help here because you guys probaly have more experience that I
    Thanks in advance
    SmokinJoe

I have not run Micheliens so cannot comment. I have run Dunlop Elite 3's and I prefer the Briidgestones over that brand. 19000 miles is a good amount of miles on a motorcycle tire and I replaced both of my tires with Bridgestones on my F6B.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm glad I bought this spare wheel and tire off Ebay, that cold, dark, winter night. 250$ for the new condition wheel and mounted tire. Did I say, "I hate nails!" Flat tire has 6k miles.

I am not there as far as wear….but I will look at Avon, Cobras if they will fit!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Michelin doesn't make the Commander II tires for the GL1800.

I did a write up a while ago when I replaced my tires at 18k with the Dunlop Elite 3's after another member I know recommended them. I have about 2500 miles on them so far and I love em. The bike feels much more sporty and grips like glue in the curves. I definitely recommend them too.

Attachment 5492 Attachment 5493

Here's my original post. Found it in a search.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...lite#post26827

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I am not there as far as wear….but I will look at Avon, Cobras if they will fit!
    Someone I know with a full wing recommended the Avon Cobra's, but I already bought the Dunlops. Not sure on the length of wear on either but time will tell.

I had the Cobras on my Rune...they were GREAT!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I'm glad I bought this spare wheel and tire off Ebay, that cold, dark, winter night. 250$ for the new condition wheel and mounted tire. Did I say, "I hate nails!" Flat tire has 6k miles.
    I got a nail in my tire at 7200 miles, less than 3 weeks and 900 miles later I grabbed another one. Many curse words were uttered. All of this happened after putting one of those cutesy "warning, if this bike is on a trailer it is being stolen" stickers on it. It was promptly removed and appologies were offered to the tire gods for angering them.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    All of this happened after putting one of those cutesy "warning, if this bike is on a trailer it is being stolen" stickers on it. It was promptly removed and appologies were offered to the tire gods for angering them.