new tire time... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new tire time...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I had the Cobras on my Rune...they were GREAT!!!
    I had the Avon Venom tires on my Valkyrie Interstate and they where incredible running tires! Most likely going to run same on Bagger!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Another vote for the stock Bridgestones. Great all around tire, not prone to cupping like the E3 or quality problems like the Metz and better than the other Dunlops out there. Michelin doesn't make anything for our bike I don't think. I'm willing to bet 80% either run E3's or Bridgestone G-series (stock tire on the 12 and up) the other 20% are a mix of everything else. Speaking in general terms of course... Personally i think the Stones are smoother than the E3's but the E3 does have a bit more aggressive profile for cornering, maybe why the damn things cup so quick and start to howl.

Motorcycle Superstore has the best prices. If you can hold out till fall, you can save 30%-50% on end of the year pricing. They have a list of dealers that will do installs locally at much better than dealer pricing. I used to take the Harley to the Ducati dealer for tire mounting, $35 a tire, best deal in town (leastwise in Seattle), Metzler 880s, awesome tires.
    ss^,
    Ken

I put a Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT with 31 lbs and I love it. This is my first CT and it wont be my last.. I love the ride and handling